“A really great evening”

Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer unforgettable photography education adventures for anyone looking to take their photography to the next level. Our instructors provide experienced, professional hands-on photography lessons relating to the technical and conceptual aspects of on-location photography. We like to keep it fresh and no two workshops are ever exactly the same. We are not like a photo tour. This is immersive education for all adventure seekers with a passion for photography and travel. Delve deeper into the spirit of beautiful Hawaii and come away with a meaningful story through your images. So register today, grab your camera, pack your bags, and prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A really great evening”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Matt and Patrick were excellent, enthusiastic, fun and talented teachers. I enjoyed my night photography workshop with them immensely. I wasn't really sure what to expect with a workshop, but the experience was wonderful. And now that I've been home a while and settled in again, I also found that the photos I took on this trip were some of the best I have taken - I was lucky enough to attend the workshop on my first day in Kauai. If you enjoy photography and want to have a really interesting evening with friendly people and great photo opportunities, locations and tips, look no further than these classes! I've attached one of my favourite photos.

Visited April 2014
KauaiPhotoWorkshops, Owner at Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and thoughts on your first workshop! And for sharing your favorite image from the class of Spouting Horn, it really looks great! It was such a delight to have you join us and would love to take you on another adventure when you return to Kauai! Especially with the returning customer discount! :)

Dunedin, Florida
“Night Workshop in Kauai”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you are on Kauai and a photographer this is well worth the money. Patrick runs a great event. Expect to do some hiking etc. The checklist provided is very useful. You are in Hawaii. It can we warm, humid and buggy.

The spots we visited were outstanding and I got some amazing images. Not your standard workshop. Highly recommended

Visited May 2014
Thank you so much for your review James and for posting your images from the workshop! They look fantastic! And it really helps to give others an idea of the kinds of images they can capture. Very unique workshop!
Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must-do for the serious photographer”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Patrick and Matt of Kauai Adventure Photography are absolutely outstanding. I took their all-day workshop, their night photography workshop and their digital post-production workshop. Together, I advanced my digital photography work by orders of magnitude. They are extremely knowledgeable about their craft (for example, Patrick was on the studio photography staff of General Mills), up-to-date on digital photography techniques, are blessed with great eyes and have an intimate knowledge of the most amazing parts of the island of Kauai.

You could try doing what they teach on your own, but you would never discover the locations they know, and would miss a wealth of invaluable tips, techniques and enhanced understanding of how to get the most from your DSLR, composing a great photo, the exposure techniques to assure you nailed the best shot of your life, and if you're smart enough to take their digital post-production workshop as well, the tricks of using apps such as Adobe Lightroom that transform a good photo into a great one.

From the moment we met before dawn, I felt like I was with close friends I'd known forever. Both Patrick and Matt have a great sense of humor, are bright, energetic and interested in you. They go out of their way to build each workshop around your goals and needs, and every step of the way, work extremely hard to assure that you're safe, comfortable, productive and having the time of your life. We hiked through some rugged terrain, forded streams and descended some steep slippery trails, all of which I was most willing to do. As I did, they made certain that I was safe and secure - I was their focus. For someone perhaps less in shape or of higher maintenance, Patrick and Matt make sure to adjust the locations accordingly.

The point is this: you are their highest priority, and their goal is to help you come away from the experience having learned many new things, having gained a variety of great ideas, experienced some of the most amazing sights of your life and memories you will keep forever.

Whether you want to go on a trek like no other, to grow your capabilities as a photographer or just plain have a blast you'll never forget on your trip to Kauai, taking a workshop from Kauai Adventure Photography is a must-do. I give Patrick and Matt my highest recommendation. You'll have the time of your life!

Visited May 2014
Thank you so much for your thoughtful and in-depth review Brian! It was such a delight to have you on multiple workshops and you got so many amazing images to show for it! I am glad you were able to get so much out of them even with all of your prior photography experience! That is the greatest reward as a teacher!
Santa Clara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just A Great Workshop”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

When I travel I look for companies like this. Patrick & Matt are just the best I've seen. Off the beaten path locations, night photography and post-production workshops as well. Patrick & Matt are very knowledgeable and for the first timers they provide a world of assistance and help while in the field.

If you come to Kauai these are the guys to call if you want great shots.

Visited May 2014
KauaiPhotoWorkshops, Owner at Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review Lee! it was a pleasure having you join us for the workshops! And we really appreciate your point about the post-production workshop we feel its an important component of the education. Come join us again soon!
vancouver
“See unique locations and get incredible photos!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This isn't your ordinary photo tour. It's an experience. Matt and PK feel like good friends right from the start and really make the effort to ensure everyone has a good time and most importantly are understanding any instruction that is given to ensure the shots turn out just right.

You'll certainly take some amazing photos in very unique locations on the island as well as get some helpful advice from two knowledgable pro photographers.

I would recommend this to any photographer, entry level to advanced who is looking for a little adventure on Kauai. It's a great chance to share your passion for photography with others on the same level.

Visited March 2014
Thank you so much for your thoughts Tom! Yes we always work hard to make the workshops personable and comfortable so our participants ask questions and try new things! And yes we sometimes have participants that are new to photography as well as advanced photographers in the same class and they always seem to learn a lot and really enjoy the experience. Thanks for the recomendation!!