“I have just taken up photography again”

Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer unforgettable photography education adventures for anyone looking to take their photography to the next level. Our instructors provide experienced, professional hands-on photography lessons relating to the technical and conceptual aspects of on-location photography. We like to keep it fresh and no two workshops are ever exactly the same. We are not like a photo tour. This is immersive education for all adventure seekers with a passion for photography and travel. Delve deeper into the spirit of beautiful Hawaii and come away with a meaningful story through your images. So register today, grab your camera, pack your bags, and prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Taken up photography again I brought my bag of goodies from Miami, Florida to Kauai looking to shoot and learn as much as possible. I love Kauai and wanted to have a nice collection of images that reflect her beauty and spirit.
Doing a little research I was directed to Kauai Adventure Safari Photo Workshops and the team of Matt & Patrick. Understanding my goals they put together plan to shoot from sunrise to sunset.
We had a fantastic journey all around Kauai. Sunrise at a secluded beach to catch the perfect light. Hiking waterfalls and the experience of shooting with models.

Thank you so much for planning and exceeding such a superlative time for me. Your expertise and local knowledge was invaluable. I cannot think of a better experience in stunning surroundings. I learned tremendously, improved my photography skills and have the photographs to cherish.

1  Thank Cameraeddie
KauaiPhotoWorkshops, Owner at Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Ed my brother you were an absolute delight to teach and spend a day with! You were a wonderful student and companion for the Private Sunrise to Sunset Photography Class we put together for you. We relish the chance to teach our passion to individuals that are hungry to learn and love to explore this magic paradise we live in! Love the images, please keep in touch and let us know if you're ever back in the islands!

Mahalo again!

-Matt and Patrick

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Whether you are a pro photographer, amateur, or just plain down for an epic adventure on Kauai (w/ your iPhone camera) ;) .... Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops will hands down be the absolute highlight of your trip and leave you craving more Kauai adventure & thrill for the rest of your days!! I have lived on Kauai my whole life and have never experienced anything more awesome then this workshop! Patrick & Matt are super fun & extremely knowledgeable. They will teach you how to take photos you never would have dreamed possible as well as take you on an adventure you will never forget!! If you are living on Kauai or coming for a visit, this is the one adventure that is a absolute MUST!! Trust me, you will not regret it!! Book your adventure now!!

Thank you for the lovely review, we love what we do and love to teach it to others! We also offer special discounts to students and Kama'Aina residents! Grab your camera and come adventure with us!

Mahalo for the kind words,
-Matt and PK

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I go to Hawaii at least 3 times a year and this is what I have been looking for on my trips. You will go to places that the average tourist will never get to see. Matt & Patrick are talented photographers and will take your physical and photographic skills to the highest level. Their knowledge of photographic equipment and techniques is outstanding. I went on the full day trip and after 13 hours I was still full of energy and wanting more. This was the full day workshop but Matt and Patrick can tailor the workshop to you and your available time. I would recommend this to any serious photographers going to Kauai. I'm returning in April/May and already have plans to do at least two workshops with them.

2  Thank Dennis M
PKWorldwide, Owner at Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you Dennis, we really enjoyed having you and we can't wait to have you join us again for workshops in the future! Really it was a pleasure getting to know you while exploring the island and making great images. See you in the spring! -Patrick & Matt with KAPoW!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, professional, engaged, positive, and definitely creative and artistically grounded! Owners Matt and Patrick were aloha hosts and also presented various locations for serious photographers to be challenged and edified throughout a full and entertaining sunrise to sunset shooting experience! Being a resident, and knowing of most of the locations, it was the lure of shooting alongside and gaining knowledge from two of the arguably most gifted photographers I have had the pleasure to get to know that lured me to spend my limited resources on this experience. Was it worthwhile and did I learn? Absolutely! And the additional Photoshop class I added on the next day was equally fun, interesting, and definitely hands-on beneficial to someone with some existing knowledge! I would love to attend again, but have been given many techniques to practice in the meantime! I highly recommend this for serious photographers, and also encourage you to be in decent physical condition to get the most out of the experience! Have lots of photos, but not readily able to share them due to RAW format...

1  Thank MSCMDI
KauaiPhotoWorkshops, Owner at Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you very much! We were happy to have been able to teach you some new photography techniques and skills! So many fantastic locations we explored as well! We look forward to you sharing some of the final images you crated on the workshop! Thanks again!! -Patrick & Matt with Kauai Adventure Photography Workshops