“Today's special”

Ranked #38 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Fun clean sports bar offering breakfast daily( Chicken Fried Steak ) lunch and dinner. Happy hour from 3-6 Monday - Saturday. Our burgers are hand made and rated the best on the Island.We have air conditioning for those hot Kapaa days and ice cold pints for all your beverages. Food is freshly made to order, so sit back and enjoy our flat screen TV's and piped in music while waiting for your meal.
Hanalei, Hawaii
“Today's special”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Was hot pastrami and was great. The rye bread was tops. Added horse radish on my own. Yum. Fries too hot to eat immediately. This is good. One of our favorite stops when we must come to Kapaa about once a month.

1 Thank betsywuebker

Alberta, Canada
“Best Burger!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Tucked away in the mall across from the Waipouli Beach Resort is this gem of a burger pub. I had the bacon cheese burger and my husband had the 3 cheese burger. The portions were large and the salad on the side was substantial. Great tasting burgers. I highly recommend the 9th Island.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank lemonid50
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Entirely Adequate”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This wasn't quite the sports bar I had envisioned. All the elements were there -- beer, flat screens, decent grub -- but for some reason it just didn't mesh into the atmosphere that makes a great sports bar. The food and service were good. No complaints, just not outstanding.

• Visited February 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for any meal - don't miss their breakfast! (Or shrimp avacado salad!)”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went here one of our first days in Kauai (on our honeymoon) and had dinner. I ate the Shrimp and Avocado Salad and it was divine! There was plenty of shrimp in the salad and the balsamic vinaigrette was incredible. I mentioned this to our server Shell (who was wonderful) and she told me it is homemade. It is not often you have cause to get excited about Balsamic Vinaigrette but this was exceptional. My only caveat about the salad is that I would have liked a little more avocado in it. We liked the place so much we went back for their breakfast and were equally delighted. I had the steak and eggs (which were the best I had while on the island) and my husband had the chicken fried steak which he loved. I would highly recommend this place for any meal!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JofCT
Seattle, Washington
“Great neighborhood bar”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

On our first day in Kauai, we needed a place to watch the Superbowl and so we chose 9th island because it was close to our resort. We were there in our full gear when they opened the doors at 9 and we stayed the entire day (sad for us because it was one of the only sunny days during our trip - but our Seahawks won)
Their staff was friendly, the drinks good and cold and the food surprisingly awesome.
The loco moco was still the best in my opinion after trying it about 9 times on this vacation.

• Visited February 2014

Been to 9th Island Sports Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!