“Great authentic tacos, great price”
Review of Tiki Tacos

Tiki Tacos
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a great place to eat on the cheap. Tacos are $5-$7 each. Your choice of various beef, chicken, fish, pork and lamb tacos on a soft tortilla. The tacos are about the size of a burrito, and quite filling. These remind me of the tacos we get at the more authentic Mexican joints here in the Southwest. If you want or like the standard tacos offered at chain restaurants, look elsewhere. These have fresh ingredients, and don't skimp on the cojita cheese and other flavorings. Clearly, they put some time into the preparation of the meat.

Over several visits, we had the fiery beef and fish tacos (aptly named), the Kolua pork taco, and the chicken taco salad with extra roasted vegetables. We loved them all.

Unlike another reviewer, we found the staff to be exceptionally friendly.

This is a small place in a strip mall/business office building. There are appx 6-7 tables inside, and 4 - 5 tables outside. Nothing fancy, but it doesn't try to be. This place is for people looking for a quick, reasonably priced meal, that forgoes fancy extras and delivers on great taste.

I recommend!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am a former New Mexican, a little snooty about Mexican food, but was pleasantly surprised at this little restaurant. We enjoyed both the pork tacos and the fish tacos. They were plentiful, reasonably priced and the service was excellent. I recommend this place for a nice lunch.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Reminded me of the soup nazi on Seinfield. Taco Nazi. Pregnant lady that took our order was VERY rude. She treated the customers that ordered after us the same way. Those of us inside the tiny restaurant were so shocked at her behavior that we actually all started laughing. Complete strangers all laughing . We couldn't believe her attitude. The food was good. price was good. We will not go back nor will we recommend it to friends because of this ladies stinking attitude. Way to go! That's the aloha spirit.

1  Thank BADandHJD
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ordered 2 fish tacos which was more than satisfying both in taste and amount. The fish was fresh and the tacos were huge!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The tacos are pretty large, you only need one, unless you're SUPER hungry or a big eater.

I ordered the chicken and fish tacos with guacamole. It came to almost $16 with 15% tip. Over priced? There's no table service, it's operated like fast food, so I guess I really over paid especially when service wasn't included.

To me, I thought the chicken was overly salty and the fish dry. Not a lot of chicken/fish in my opinion. The tacos are filled with more than 50% cabbage. I thought the hand made tortillas was a little too thick, but it's sort of required to hold all the cabbage and other fillings from ripping through. Their salsa was pretty good.