“Absolutly the best food around.”
Review of Kay's Plate Lunch and Burgers - CLOSED

Kay's Plate Lunch and Burgers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I saw the high recommendations for this sight and just had to try it.
Nothing on the menu was over $12 so their prices were very reasonable.
I tried the recommendation of the owner who had a fresh catch of the day and it was wonderful. A side salad with a delicious dressing, rice and some kind of fantastic sauce over the fish. I drove from my nearby hotel and brought it back to my room to eat. The on sight area was OK, but the weather was too windy to eat there that day. Their hours are: Monday-closed, Tue.-Thu.- 11-6 Fri. & Sat. 11-9,
and Sunday- 11-6. It was easy to find, they have a big red sign with yellow writing which says: “Kay’s Plate Lunch.” Also just below Otsuka’s Furniture store.
They are on the beach side of the road. Even though I took some time driving back to my hotel near the Coconut Market Place, my food was still hot and delicious. Don’t be afraid to try a food truck meal (actually it’s a trailer).
This is really the best meal I had all week for taste and value.

1  Thank h2obb

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Got a 1/2 pineapple teri beef sandwich that came with home made fries and a can of soda for $7.50. The burger was a double stack that had to be every bit of 4 inches high. Just had to start at an edge and chisel away. Pop came from a freezer chest and was ice cold. Rare diner that doesn't use grocery store frozen fries. I was stuffed for the day. Seating is a couple of park tables with umbrellas.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have to weigh in on this. We went to this truck site and a nice lady prepared a subpar cheeseburger and bass fish plate last week. The price was $19--we were not happy with the quality and considering it was a truck in a not particulary attractive site--the price should be lower. I felt that I was misled by the great rating from trip advisor--just a little caveat emptor.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just to let you know that the last review was not Kay's, it was the Thai lady next door. All men work in Kay's and they do have the best burgers around.

3  Thank KapaaBeachShop
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We found Kay's Plate Lunch Truck on our walk along the seven mile oceanfront bike path in Kapaa, Kauai. Having tried other boxed plates we were so very pleased to find Kay's and ordered up their famous 1/2 pound burger. Current owner, Vance, popped his head out the back door and asked if we were in a hurry as he had just received a large family order to go. No problem, we simply walked out to the ocean and watched the whales. The burger was cooked to order, Medium well, juicy with all the trimmings, the bun was fresh, the french fries cut to order and it also came with your choice of soda or water from the ice chest out front.
We give the food a 10 out of 10 but think Vance could easily charge more than the $6.25 per order and we would still come back for more ! ps the 1/4 pounder with fries and drink was only $5.25... No need to cook.. many items on the menu..just take some home for later!
Mj and Sergio Ashland, Oregon