After reading a few of the reviews, it is obvious to me that some people have had widely different experiences at this very friendly hotel, that has always displayed nothing but the best in ALOHA!.
We stayed at Plantation Hale in early April for a week, and were there the same time that one guest complained about moss in the hot tubs. I don't know where she was looking, but we used the pools and hot tubs every day, and NEVER experienced anything like she describes.
Wondering where all these differences come from, we can advise Trip Advisor travellers some good advice, which may explain some of these variances.
I have found out from the staff there, after staying there numerous times over the past 5 years, that the hotel is a condo hotel, like so many in the islands and that each unit is individually owned. The majority are rented out through the Best Western system, but some are privately rented, through realtors, or through owners themselves. If it is a private rental, they have to provide their own housekeeping, not through the hotel, who could not change her sheets, or give more pillows, explaining her problems which may explain the miscommunication and the loss of her daughter's blanket. I suspect the front desk would be trying to contact the outside housekeepers on her behalf which would also explain the delay.
We always book through Best Western, or directly to the hotel through their toll-free direct line, and never have a problem with the unit, or housekeeping or anything. If you want to take a risk like this and perhaps think you are getting a better deal, remember the hotel brands spend lots of money, time and effort inspecting properties, and ensuring standards are met. But in condo hotels, they only insist on these standards for units rented through their system. Private rentals do not have to comply, and there is a reason for them being private, like the units may not measure up. Book direct, you will be happier.
As far as traffic goes, it is hard to escape it anywhere on the island as there is only one road around the island, which passes many top resorts in addition to this one.
When we travel, we enjoy ourselves, and leave the complaining at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa