My advice is if you can afford to pay a little bit extra and stay at a nicer place please do so. But if you are on a budget, this place is a definitely bargain but you get what you paid for. The rooms are dated but well equipped – the kitchenette had everything you need to be able to make tea, coffee, breakfast and meals. Full size fridge, older stove with an oven (no trays though). They even provide the dish soap. We had to re-wash the utensils because we found them to be not very clean. The room also has a separate bedroom with not very comfortable beds – too hard. The hotel is located across from not a swimming beach. We had to find a beach nearby to swim and it was inconvenient. We also drove around the area and found some very nice hotels where we’d stay next time if we decide to come back. We really liked Marriott Hotel in Lihue. The grounds and the hotel itself were spectacular! Next to the Marriott Hotel we found the best restaurant on the island – Duke’s and a wonderful beach. I am sure it is more expensive but I’d rather pay more than stay in an average accommodations place. Even expensive hotels have great deals; you just need to find them. Cockroaches also seem to be a problem there. My husband saw a live cockroach in the bathroom and that thing was the size of a horse – huge! After he told me about it I was paranoid about seeing more of them. Luckily there were no more encounters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa