“Great value, fully equiped rooms, friendly and helpful staff, at a central location”

Plantation Hale Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed 6 nights and were constantly delighted by the amenities such as full kitchen and entertainment center, and by the helpful staff. Especially the concierge staff, who provided useful information, and planned and booked wonderful adventures for us. The location is central to the island, about halfway between Princeville and Poipu, near plenty of shopping and restaurants. Undeveloped ocean coastline is just a short walk across an empty field, and both of them were in view from our room. We slept soundly in the quality beds. We would gladly stay again on future visits!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean side are further from the road.
1  Thank Sam K
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Aloha Sam K

Thank you for rating us 5 stars. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the full service kitchens, centralized location, quality beds, and the friendly staff. I will share you positive feedback with the staff, I am sure they will be just as pleased as I was when reading your review. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kauai.

There are newer reviews for Plantation Hale Suites

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Plantation Hale Suites from May 31st to June 5th. We had stayed the two nights prior at the Marriott Coconut Beach which is across the street from the Plantation Hale Suites. (also reviewed) On the day of check in at PHS I went early to advise that we were already in town and when ever the condo was ready we could check in. I was advised by the lady at check in that check in time was 3:00 PM which I acknowledged and said I was aware. I gave the person checking in my Confirmation number and name and she told me that I did not have a reservation. She appeared to search through her computer for some time and did not find my reservation. I was told to check back at 3:00 PM and she would find me a unit. I decided to CTC the Condo exchange company I booked though and they advised me that I did have a reservation and that they would CTC PHS to confirm it. I returned to PHS at 2:30 and waited next to the check in desk in view the the same employee I had spoken to earlier. At 2:40 PM she proceeded to check in guest that just arrived. We felt she was avoiding us. At 2:58 PM she called us over to the desk to tell us that she did have a unit and that she had not looked for our reservation in the correct place. She gave us unit D2 and we also asked for a key to the in room safe. As we were getting into our car to drive to Building D she stopped us to say that the unit we were given (D2) was being refurbished and she would find us a new one. 20 min later she assigned us to unit B12. After we got to our unit I found we did not have a key to the safe. I returned to check in to get a key and was told by another person we hadn't asked for one. Unit B12 had old cabinets that would not stay shut and a very old stove. It did work OK. After we got unpacked we turned on the TV to find only 3 channels were programed so I called check in and was told someone would be sent up right away. 1.5 hours later someone showed up asking if we had a TV issue. I asked him why it took him so long to respond and was told that they sent him to lunch first. Out stay at PHS was ok, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean. As far as the unit was concerned the kitchen was the only area that desperately needed updating. As the week progressed the original check in person did apologize for the mix up at check in and we did have a great time at the beached in Kauai. I don't think I would stay at the PHS again. There are a lot nicer places to stay such as the Pono Kai resort where we stayed a previous time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nielseng

Aloha nielseng,

I am glad to hear you had a good time at the property. I do want to apologize for the challenges you had at the front desk. Let me assure you that this is not the norm. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and use this as a training tool to help improve our service we provide to our guests.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at the Plantation Hale for the last 27 years. We love the location being about the middle of the road. We have always been able to enjoy the market place across the street. They were starting construction to up grade when we were here this year and hope it will be finished by our return next year. Everyone is always so welcoming and go out of their way to make your stay a good one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha Crash_10,

Thank you for the positive review and the 5 star rating. Wow, 27 years at Plantation Hale and I am glad to see we still exceeded your expectations. Hopefully we get to see you next year....

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our family stayed at Plantation Hale for one night before checking into our Timeshare in Princeville. This was an awesome find booked solely from internet photos and reviews. The room fit our needs perfectly (the beds could have been more comfortable), the location is close to everything, and Holly, concierge/event planner, was over the top in helping us plan our "fun". Mahalo Plantation Hale!

• Stayed: July 2014

Aloha VasquezCrew,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Plantation hale Suites. It is nice to read that the room was perfect for all your needs. I will definitely share your positive feed back with Holly at the Concierge desk.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Kauai....

Aloha.....

Reviewed July 27, 2014

In planning my family vacation, I chose to stay at the Plantation Hale as we were traveling with 2 children. I stayed there 10yrs ago and was hoping for a pleasant experience again. Plantation Hale did not disappoint with a full kitchen, every unit is a suite with 2 TV's, and the kids loved the pool area! The resort fee was lower than the other surrounding hotels/condos. It's next to the Coconut Grove shopping center so we got souvenirs in walking distance. We are from Honolulu visiting family and my mom is 89yrs old. She said, "I want to come back here again next year".
The only feedback for the hotel is that our room did not have a modem so I couldn't connect to the internet. Recommend more lights in the parking lot for the D building. We would come back again as you can't beat the value of this property! Mahalo!

Room Tip: Every room is a suite so all good rooms.
2  Thank FayeMary

Aloha FayeMary,

Welcome back... Wow, what a great review. Thank you for giving Plantation Hale a 5 star rating. I am glad we were a part of your vacation experience while you were on our beautiful island. Its nice to come in and read all the positive comments about the property and staff.

We look forward to seeing you again when you come back to Kauai next year...

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Crystal helped us check in and out of the hotel, she was such a big help from the moment we got there. We loved the location of the hotel, close to the airport, and beach. Being from Oahu, it was nice to see such friendly local people running the front desk. We look forward to staying here on our next kauai adventure.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank OahuKelli
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Aloha OahuKelli,

Thank you for giving us a 5 star rating and the positive review. I will definitely share your positive feed back with Crystal, she will be glad to see the positive review.

Look forward to seeing you next year. Were you here for the baseball tournament? I noticed your address was in Kailua. If yes, congratulations on winning the baseball tournament...

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our family just returned from Kaua'i this past weekend 4th of July for a baseball tournament in Kapa'a. Our experience of our room was great. Room was clean and updated (except for the stove/oven it was fairly outdated -push button type stove with coil burner but it worked. Air condition wasn't as cold as we would like but acceptable. (there was only one a/c for both living room and bedroom) Service was great both registration and housekeeping service. Special mention to Holly the concierge. We had a day to play tourist and gave us great advice on where to get the best "local" grindz and special sites to visit. Hotel is conveniently located to all areas (shopping center, restaurants, and baseball field)

4  Thank naiagirl

Aloha naiagirl,

Thank you for choosing Plantation Hale for your stay here while playing in the baseball tournament. I hope your team did well. Thank you for posting all the positive comment about the property and staff. We hope to see you next year...

Mahalo,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
Hotel Coral Reef
#3 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa Landing Resort
Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!