“Just like home”

Plantation Hale Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our family loved it at Plantation Hale. We felt "at home". Our room was near the front desk where we could get fresh pool towels (frequently!) and rent videos (once - we were too busy playing outside!). We used the ice maker just around the corner often to chill our tap water we used often in our plastic water bottles for beach trips. The pool nearest to our building was clean and a great temperature (not too cold!) so I could enjoy it with our young kids. Our beds were comfortable and the AC was ready if we needed it. Everyone working there was friendly and helpful. Cooking on the grill and in our kitchen felt just like home. We would definitely come back to stay there. The grounds are well-maintained and quiet. Plantation Hale's location next to the Coconut Marketplace was convenient, without much noise from traffic through the parking lots because of speed bumps placed well along the short access road to the place.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great for families. It was quiet on the office side of the B building, next t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Aloha Anna R,

It's nice to hear we made your stay feel "at home" at the Plantation Hale Suites. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the huge suites with the fully stocked kitchen. Plantation Hale Suites is in a great centralized location near some shops and restaurants. I agree with you, Plantation Hale is a great value with all it offerings and great price. I will share your positive comments to the staff.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The initial reception when we arrived was not massively positive. We arrived about 8.30pm which we didnt think was particularly late. We didn't have a car at this point and were told on checking in that we had to walk 7 buildings away dragging 3 cases, hand luggage and a sleeping baby - the receptionist kept suggesting to the security guy he could give us some help but he just kept laughing this off. We then got to our room to find there was no cot for the baby so we had to call the desk to be told we had to walk back down and bring it to the room and set it up ourselves!
Not amazing first impressions.
The accommodation was nice enough - very spacious although could have done with a better clean (there was someone elses shoe behind the curtain which never got removed during our stay!) and the room had a bit of a foisty smell when you first entered the room.
The pools are fenced in which we would rather they were just accessible without the gates but generally nice. Really good location to a little secluded beach and good value for money. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

1  Thank EmmalucyB
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Aloha Emmalucy,

I must say I was disappointed we let you down on our services. I can assure you that is not the norm and I will share your feedback with our team. I sincerely apologize as we do our best to ensure that our guests are satisfied and we strive to meet and exceed their expectations. We care very much about our guests and their comfort.

I do hope you will return and contact meslf or Patti (Assistant Manager) for a reservation. Thank you for your business and your comments

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is my first stay at the Plantation Hale Suites and I am so glad I chose this hotel for my vacation. I am in a clean and spacious second floor unit with a (distant but generous) view of the ocean. The decor in the unit is a little dated, but everything is impeccably clean and comfortable. Both living room and bedroom have a big screen TV, the bedrooms have two Queen size beds with good mattresses and pillows. Kitchen is well equipped with pots, dishes and cooking utensils. Nice big fridge. It is only a short walk to the beach and all the shops are within a five minute driving radius, parking is available right outside your building. Everybody you run into at the hotel is incredibly friendly, including the very nice receptionist at the front desk. Another big plus is the great restaurant/ bar Hukilau Lanai right across from the hotel. Their cocktails are absolutely wonderful and the 5 course tasting menu including wine pairing for $40 must be the best dinner deal on the island (available only 5-5:45pm). On my last trip to the Big Island I stayed at the behemoth Hilton Waikoloa Village, where a lousy Hamburger would cost you more. If you prefer a more relaxed " old style" Hawaiian vacation to a stay at one of those giant chain hotel concrete bunkers, then the Plantation Hale Suites will be just right for you.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Klaus P

Aloha Kweill,

First and foremost I want to welcome you to Plantation Hale Suites. I noticed this is your first stay here at the property. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the spacious room with fully stocked kitchens, centralized location near shops and restaurants, the friendly staff here at the property. I will share your positive feedback with the staff and I will definitely share with the Housekeeping staff your comments regarding how "impeccably clean" you felt everything was.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property when you are back on the island of Kauai. Please feel free to give me a call on your next trip back to the Plantation Hale Suites.

Mahalo,

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very good value in Kauai for the money. I would probably give it a 3 star/diamond rating based on the AAA scale I'm used to. Lots of room, new TV, full (but dated) kitchen, nice clean rooms and good beds and linens. Nice quiet Garden View room. Important to upgrade to this Garden View from basic room so you are not facing the main highway and its noise. Pretty easy and cheap upgrade. Don't waste your money on a fancy ocean view place on the water unless you plan on spending all our time there. Stay here, save your money, and travel the island to a new water spot every day and the take the money you save and spend some on a great ocean front dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha Brett G,

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the huge suites with the fully stocked kitchen. Plantation Hale Suites is in a great centralized location near some great shops and restaurants. I agree with you, Plantation Hale is a great value with all it offerings and great price.

Mahalo

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The suite was quiet, facing the ocean, spacious and reminiscent of old Hawaii. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our suite (J - 14) and recommend this property. The grounds were clean, and well maintained. The three pools were not crowded. They were inviting and surrounded by palms and colourful flowers. One pool even had a lift for handicapped guests which I've not seen before. A very thoughtful touch. Staff was very friendly and quick to accommodate our requests.
There were free long distance calls ( 30 minutes per day) and other perks. Restaurants were close by and the central location is ideal if you have a car and are planning to drive around the island.

Room Tip: Choose J - 14.

Aloha Brent S,

I am glad to hear that you loved the quiet spacious suites. I was thrilled to know that you would reccommend the Plantation Hale Suites. I will share all the positive coments to our staff, the staff is great as noted by a lot of reviews on tripadvisor.

Mahalo

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at Plantation Hale week of aug 4th. I selected this property for the convenience of having a full kitchen and its location close to the airport(15mn). I was pleasantly surprise to have so much space large living room , convenient kitchen , large bedroom and a very nice lanai (balcony) facing the ocean. Each unit is located in a two storey building which I prefer than tall building, laundry facility also a big plus for longer stay , the swimming pool has a nice size with lots of sun beds, tables and umbrellas. Grill area also convenient . I like its location being in the centre of the island it is easier to go to the north for snorkelling , beach or to the south . Supermaket 5mn by car and small shopping mall next door(coconut market) with a few restaurants, a general store and restaurant. Also a very nice gourmet restaurant just across the street with delicious food at a reasonable price. The staff is friendly and helpful . After a full day visiting the island it was nice to go back to the comfort of our rental, get a movie (free) from the reception and relax. I would definitely go back .

1  Thank franny0153
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Aloha franny0153,

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the huge newly renovated suites with the fully stocked kitchen. Plantation Hale Suites is in a centralized location near shops and restaurants. I will share your comments with our staff, we receive a lot of positive comments about the friendliness of our staff.

Thanks again for posting a great comment about the Plantation hale Suites. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the beautiful island of Kauai. It is nice to receive such a good rating and comments. Mahalo

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I booked a newly renovated suite for a 4 night stay beginning of Aug 2013.
We got a very nicely modernized 1 bedroom apartment with full kitchen at an excellent promotional rate. Furniture and rugs were all new. Not all details in the apartment had been renovated (there was an older stove/oven in the kitchen, older doorknobs were quite obvious when everything else was shiny) but everything was clean and functional.

The internet service was fast. Beach towels were provided at the front desk and we traded them in for clean ones everyday. The pool near our unit was small, but nice enough for an afternoon dip. A path across the street led to the beach which, like many in Kauai, was not safe for swimming but a lovely place to walk in the morning. A neighboring resort complex had an open-to-public poolside bar and grill and an excellent restaurant. Additional restaurants and supermarkets were in walkable distances, although the center of Kapa'a town was further down the road. Kapa'a was a reasonable base for North and West shore excursions.

The overall experience with our stay was excellent, especially for the rate we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksanybody

Aloha ksanybody,

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the huge newly renovated suites with the fully stocked kitchen. Plantation Hale Suites is in a centralized location near shops and restaurants. I agree with you, Plantation Hale is an awesome value with all it offerings and excellent price.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Shores Hotel
The Kauai Inn
#8 of 11 in Lihue
7 mi away
Garden Island Inn Hotel

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!