Plantation Hale Suites
$239
$219
  • Pool
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$189
$228
$219
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

$103
  • Restaurant
Kauai Palms Hotel(Lihue)(Great Value!)
$88
$729
Marriott
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomcoconut marketplacescenic viewpools and hot tubsshort walktwo double bedsbusy highwaycentral locationa great place to stayroad noisefront desk stafflydgate beach parkhome away from homekuhio highwaythe main highwayair conditioner
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Plantation Hale for over eight years. They have finally renovated the rooms. Love the renovations. Kudos to the designers. The living room and bedroom are comparable yo the rooms at the Lihue's Marriot. Yes, I visited relatives in their Marriot rooms. The rooms are designed with a Pottery Barn Hawaiian touch. Very well done. The staff people are very nice. The location is between Hanalei and Poipu. Very centralized. I hope that they will renovate thd kitchen next. The pools too. Good value, yes!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank dimsumgirl2
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Aloha dimsumgirl2.
Thank you. I am thrilled you liked our new suites. We have had nothing but positive comments. . I agree we offer a good location and a nice staff. Mahalo for being such a loyal customer. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Plantation Hale is a great centrally located place to stay. This was our first time on Kauai, so we weren't sure where on the island to stay. This turned out to be ideal for seeing the sights on all parts of the island.
We were upgraded to an ocean view suite. It was very clean and comfortable. The pool and spa were just a short distance from our room. It was fun watching the roosters stroll through the property.
We had one problem, on the first cleaning of the room, we weren't given any extra toilet paper. We discovered this very early in the morning the following day. As soon as the front desk opened we called and they brought us some right away. We didn't have any other issues with the cleaning of the suite.
We would definitely stay here again if we returned to Kauai.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J M

Aloha JM.
Mahalo for your comments. I am so pleased you spent your first time on our beautiful island with us. We do have a great central location. Sorry for the mishap with housekeeping however I am pleased the team was quick to respond to your requests. Aloha and thank you for your business.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent 3 nights in a garden view suite here in June 2013. It was clean and comfortable; the bedroom was spacious as was the dining/living room. Our only criticisms were that one air conditioning unit for both the bedroom and living room was a bit meagre; as we left the A/C off while we were out during the day it took quite a while to cool the rooms in the evening. And the general light levels in the suite were rather low. Neither of these were a serious problem, however. There are one or two eating places within walking distance, but given the busy main road (the suites themselves are set off the road, and noise wasn't a problem) it was safer to drive. Kapa'a was a pleasant little town. Overall this was a satisfactory base for travelling around the island.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaneBNorfolk_UK
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Aloha JaneBNorfolk_UK.
I am very glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us at Plantation Hale Suites. I do have to agree on hot days it takes a little time to cool down the units if the AC has been off. Kapaa is a pleasant town. One of the best things about our resort is the central location on the Island. Thank you for posting your feedback. It is nice to receive such a good rating from a Senior Reviewer. Mahalo for your business. Aloha!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had my choice of selecting any hotel/suites in early April, but I chose Plantation Hale based on the comments on TripAdvisor. However, when I booked it using their own site, there was no mention of a $12 daily resort fee. This is on top of the quoted daily rate and added at the end so it's deceiving. (I think it's currently mentioned now).

A couple of days before our reservation, I got an e-mail reminder from PH, so I replied saying thanks and notified them to get me a room on the second floor which most TA reviewers suggested. They said no problem. So of course on the day my family of 4 showed up at around 3PM, they didn't have a 2nd floor room ready and said one would be available within an hour. Since my family was tired and we had just went to Costco and had perishables, we kept the 1st level room.

So we went to the room and the first thing I noticed entering the room was a sign saying to please remove your shoes before going into the rest of the place (a Hawaiian tradition). I expected an outdated room but clean room but the carpet was so dirty and there is no way we are going bare foot on a dirty carpet. Also there appeared to be cookie crumps under the dining table. We were so tired I just let it go and wanted to see if it would be vacuumed up the following day. The bathroom and kitchen were updated with marble counter tops but that was it. It needed new cabinets and probably the walls needed to be replaced. The shower tub combo had mold in the grout and there looked like a dried snot shot next to the door frame in the toilet/tub room. The toilet/tub room door knob was grossly sticky and so was the door where most people touch it to close it. Also after the first night I learned to shower before the rest of my family so I could pick the nicest/newest towel to avoid drying off with an old scratchy towel. Probably one of the four towels each night was decent. (It's tough to dry off with an old towel if you have a slight sunburn like I got). Of all the places I stayed at and some were not so nice, this place has the worse bath towels overall.

As others have summed up, this place is in a great location and the front desk staff are wonderful. The grounds are nice and the weber grill is useful. Also the DVD collection is fairly up to date since they even had Jack Reacher in the collection.

IMO our room just needs updating and better maid service. I would prefer to go to a nicer place next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PTO-Guy
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Aloha PTO-Guy.
I am always disappointed when we do not have the opportunity to address guest issues in person when they are on property. I will certainly share your feedback with our staff and sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We constantly purchase and rotate our linen inventory. Our amenity fee is fully posted on our web-site and calculates into your reservation cost when reserved on the website. In addition it is collected at check in not check out. The fee offers great value. Wi-Fi, Parking, Kauai Coffee in suite daily, Safe, 30 minutes daily of Long Distance to either the US mainland or Canada., Local calls, Beach towels, Daily Maid service, Lobby computer usage, and as you pointed out our DVD library with over 400 movies, (latest releases) a 20% discount at the SPA, and bottled water upon arrival. Most resorts in our area have individual charges for many of these items and charge additional for parking, maid service every three days and a departure cleaning fee. Aloha.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for a week and were happy the entire time. We had a garden view suite, but could see the ocean from the lanai. There was a separate bedroom, a kitchen fully stocked and a full bath. All very clean and neat. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Kappa itself is nothing to drool over, but it is about in the middle of the island, making for easy commute to both the north and south shores. Good restaurants nearby as well.
I would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mdidaho

Aloha mdidaho.
Thank you for the great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your week with us. I hope we will see you again soon. Mahalo for your business.