Our 1 bedroom suite had a lovely outlook across an open grassed area to the ocean, so consequently had very nice breezes from the tradewinds - despite the warm June weather we fortunately had no need of the airconditioning during our stay.
Yes, as others say in their reviews the location of the Plantation Hale Suites is perfect, being exactly at the halfway point between the northern and southern attractions of the island and handy to the airport, but set back from the main road. Nearby is a large Foodland complex and there are some very good restaurants - particularly the excellent one at the Kauai Resort almost opposite the resort (book in advance at least two days) and the 'Lemongrass' just down the road. Check-in was efficient, informative and friendly, as was the tour desk.
That said, our suite was clean and comfortable but basic - no spas, dishwashers or other fancy gadgetry and only shared washing machines - none in the suites. Air- conditioners were noisy as they were of an older style and were possibly as old as the building. The buildings are old but have had new tiling and benchtops, floorcoverings etc but older taps (stiff to use) stove and power/light switches. The soft furnishings were moderately new and were of a good quality. The gardens were well maintained and the ambience of the resort was relaxing and pleasant.
Other suites we stayed in on other islands were completely renovated top to bottom - this was not the case for our suite - but I cannot comment on all the suites in the complex - judging from other comments on this site, perhaps some are totally re-vamped.
For overseas visitors such as us, who 'island hop' and have shorter stays of 3-4 days in each location it would be useful to have small size restaurant style butter pats, honey or peanut butter spreads, fresh milk (we hate powdered coffee whiteners) teabags, small supplies of liquid dishwashing detergent and other such items available for a small fee, as these items were not available in small container sizes in the supermarket and it meant a huge wastage of these items when we left the island.
Also it could be useful to have split refuse bins in the kitchens, so that recyclable containers and paper/packaging can be separated from food waste, rather than all end up in one bag going to landfill.
This was our favourite island, but we were so busy we didn't have time to sample the pool or other facilities at this resort, however we relished a quiet drink on the spacious balcony at the end of our busy days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa