We had a great time and I have to say the staff were all exceptional - so friendly and helpful. I would name names but there's not a one who doesn't deserve mention. The condo was very convenient for our late-night arrival at Lihue airport. It was attractive, comfortable and well equipped; how often does a rental place even have a bread knife and a blender? There were a couple of maintenance problems that were fixed as soon as we mentioned them; when we had a problem with a DVD that we borrowed free from the front desk late on Saturday, they replaced the DVD player on Sunday morning. They need to know there's a problem before they can fix it, but the response is very swift
We were particularly impressed by the strong and free Wifi signal.
We like to walk, rather than drive, so one drawback is that it was hard to walk anywhere but to the beach and to a few places nearby. However the government is working on making the island more pedestrian friendly by putting in more walking paths. This hotel is in a good location for day trips to anywhere on Kauai. We'll stay there again. You can get one King bed or two smaller beds, but all units appear to be one-bedroom, which is another drawback for us (who have older children), tho not for everyone. No dishwasher.
We didn't swim much as we were there in December, a month of heavy seas. The hotel pools are not heated, so the water can be cold on those rare cool days. Note: there is a small farmers' market next door at Coconut Grove on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9 am-noon. We chose fresh local pineapple, passion fruit and a variety of different kinds of bananas at this market. Unfortunately this market was not on the helpful list of farmers' markets that the hotel gave us when we checked in. The staff gave us good information on places to go, things to do and how to tell if local fruit is at its peak. All in all, we lost our heart to Kauai and Plantation Hale (pronounced "Ha-le", it means "house".).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa