“Shrimp Shack kauai”

The Shrimp Station
Ranked #41 of 136 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 19, 2015

This was great! I. tried them in Oahu and this was right up there! We had the garlic butter and the spicey shrimp. Both were great but go with the rice not potatoes much better!

1  Thank christy r

Reviewed January 19, 2015

Drove by this place for over a week and said need to go there ..Glad I did ! I ordered a Shrimp burger and a Garlic Shrimp and rice .. Both were really good , Burger was very unique but was great, Garlic Shrimp sauce was very very good ! I will be back .

2  Thank Topfuelwrench
Reviewed January 15, 2015 via mobile

This place let me down for sure. We ordered coconut shrimp which we heard was good. It was doable. But several were not so fresh. I had Thai shrimp. I know my Thai food. This was more like a shrimp with Marinara and a splash of siracha the kicker? It was my side salad. It consisted of a plate of near brown chopped iceberg and one slice of tomato. Wow. Letdown for sure.

1  Thank Tundrachoochoo
Reviewed January 14, 2015 via mobile

I AM a shrimp person! Love shrimp! We have been hearing from everyone how "this is THE place to go" for shrimp-- bar none! My hopes were HIGH as we strolled into this little place.

Hmmm. Don't get it.

I had the coconut shrimp-- it wasn't bad-- just wasn't anything to remember or come back for. My friend had the thai shrimp. She again said it wasn't bad-- it was just "okay." She said she would have liked it better if it was called Italian shrimp-- at least she would have been prepared for the flavors. She said it tasted nothing like thai.

She also got a side salad which was some brown--literally-- brown iceberg lettuce with a tomato slice on top--$3.50

Don't expect any ambiance or comfort. There are a few dirty, dusty, gummy patio chairs & tables inside.

I don't know--I'm full, but certainly not satisfied. I won't be back-- and with my hopes shattered, I think I will head down the road to Hanalei-- where at least the hippies of yester-year know how to cook up a batch of shrimp & throw back a longboard!

1  Thank JLHR1962
Reviewed January 12, 2015

I have been to this little wayside restaurant twice for their outstanding shrimp! The atmosphere is basic but the shrimp is inexpensive (nothing in Hawaii is cheap) and very good! It is always a must on every Hawaii visit.

1  Thank cpreef

Been to The Shrimp Station? Share your experiences!