“Great Coconut Shrimp”

The Shrimp Station
Ranked #23 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Kept reading about this place so on my last night on Kauai I got their coconut shrimp. It's the best I've ever had! Can't beat the price or the taste!!! Not a posh place with ambiance but definitely will go back whenever I'm on Kauai.

There are newer reviews for The Shrimp Station

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Being from the US southern east coast, the taste of great seafood is hard to find. The shrimp stations coconut shrimp were the BEST I have ever had. You could really tell everything was prepared fresh to order. We even had visitors underneath our table... Local roosters! Fun place with amazing food. If only I could get the recipe !

1  Thank Dal1026
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Absolutely some of the most delicious coconut shrimp I've ever had. Very reasonable prices at about a dollar a shrimp. Our orders came with a mound of fresh french fries and some really tasty guava ginger dipping sauce. Every time I thought about food the rest of the week, I wabted to go back. The beer battered fried shrimp also looked wonderful.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This dish could not get any better - not in a 5 star restaurant. I'm not rating this place against restaurants that are (5 star) for their atmosphere or seating - it's a fast food joint with hodge-podge dining accomodations that add to the experience of being on the island...complete with plenty chickens roaming around as they do everywhere on Kauai! We ordered the Coconut Shrimp which they widely advertise and yes, it was good. But the Garlic Shrimp was the show stopper! It's their sauce and it takes the white rice to a place called Heaven. Cousin recommended the G-Shrimp and I'll hug her for it when I see her! Next trip - 1st and last stop will be for Garlic Shrimp. Parking sucks - limited but I'd park a couple blocks and walk for this stuff!! We sat on bar stools at the open air window - can't do that at home! (Cost comparison: we grabbed some garlic shrimp from a lunch truck that was great/no sauce/different recipe...7 shrimp for $10.95, here, 12 shrimp for $12.95...both served rice, the truck incl. mac salad. - I'd go back here first anyday!)

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I love shrimp so I figured this was right up my alley. I also love garlic so I was excited to try the garlic shrimp. They were peel and eat so it was a very messy meal. Shrimp were cooked well but sauce was a bit too much - not the garlic...the quantity. Had it with white rice. Hubby had beer battered shrimp with fries and it came with a strange sauce which we both didn't like. It's an additional .75 for another sauce. Overall it was just average for both of us and we probably won't return.

Been to The Shrimp Station? Share your experiences!