“Fast Food Shrimp”

The Shrimp Station
Ranked #22 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a fast food joint with pleasant and quick service, take out or eat in. We ate on the premises twice although it is very basic. The dishes are mostly shrimp, most of them priced at $12.95+tax or a shrimp burger for $8. The larger group of dishes (Cajun shrimp, etc.) you shell and eat. They come on a bed of rice. The fried shrimp came with a good quantity of fries.
We really liked the coconut shrimp. The beer battered (fried) and Cajun were OK.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Another local suggestion and we loved it. All sea food mostly shrimp. We had the famous coconut shrimp and the cajun shrimp. Coconut comes with huge pile of fries, cajun with rice and cajun sauce. $12 for a huge meal. Locals love it and so will you!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Some of the restaurants in Kauai can be quite expensive but this is a simple but very good restaurant and prices are reasonable. I had the shrimp tacos and they were great! All of the people with me loved their choices also. Good food! Good prices!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I loved the Shrimp Station, we had the "Got Garlic," "Sweet Chili," "Coconut Shrimp," "Shrimp Tacos," and the "Fish and Chips." All in two days :-) We loved all of them. The food was great, the staff was AWESOME! The restroom was clean as was the restaurant! Highly recommend it if you are in the mood for shrimp and want great service.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had wanted to try "The Shrimp Station" when we first arrived and were driving through Kapaa, but, we were still full from a really big breakfast in Lihue and couldn't quite bring ourselves to think of food. But, on our way back to Lihue through Kapaa, we decided that we needed to stop and check out the bright pink restaurant -- The Shrimp Station. And, I'm so glad we did. I wasn't sure what to expect, but what we found was a very clean restaurant with very polite, courteous service, and delicious food at great prices. The restaurant is not super fancy -- the chairs and tables are simple, almost patio-furniture like, but the windows open up to allow for a pleasant, cooling breeze. And, you can even see the water, which is just across the road. We were there on a Sunday after lunch (~ 2 pm), and we easily found a seat. The hubby and I ordered the regular shrimp plate, and were very pleased. The portion size was generous, and it was only $12 for the plate, which also came with fries and very plump shrimp. Another tip -- some of the tourist magazines include a $1 off coupon for the Shrimp Station, so that's yet another way to save. I really wasn't sure what to expect when we pulled into the Shrimp Station, but, I must say, I was very, very pleased with the food quality. It was such a pleasant way to enjoy great food in a relaxed setting. You pick up your food from the counter. This is definitely a place I will return to when we pass through Kapaa, and it's well worth a stop. You can't miss it -- just look for the pink building!