“Delightful!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Hawaii
“Delightful!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had wanted to try "The Shrimp Station" when we first arrived and were driving through Kapaa, but, we were still full from a really big breakfast in Lihue and couldn't quite bring ourselves to think of food. But, on our way back to Lihue through Kapaa, we decided that we needed to stop and check out the bright pink restaurant -- The Shrimp Station. And, I'm so glad we did. I wasn't sure what to expect, but what we found was a very clean restaurant with very polite, courteous service, and delicious food at great prices. The restaurant is not super fancy -- the chairs and tables are simple, almost patio-furniture like, but the windows open up to allow for a pleasant, cooling breeze. And, you can even see the water, which is just across the road. We were there on a Sunday after lunch (~ 2 pm), and we easily found a seat. The hubby and I ordered the regular shrimp plate, and were very pleased. The portion size was generous, and it was only $12 for the plate, which also came with fries and very plump shrimp. Another tip -- some of the tourist magazines include a $1 off coupon for the Shrimp Station, so that's yet another way to save. I really wasn't sure what to expect when we pulled into the Shrimp Station, but, I must say, I was very, very pleased with the food quality. It was such a pleasant way to enjoy great food in a relaxed setting. You pick up your food from the counter. This is definitely a place I will return to when we pass through Kapaa, and it's well worth a stop. You can't miss it -- just look for the pink building!

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Parabiago, Italia
“No frills, just tasty shrimps”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the Shrimp Station, still jet-legged, on our very first night in Kauai. On Kapaa's main street, it's easy to find as it is so colorful. As I mentioned in the head line, the location is very simple: just a counter, a few tables and a simple menu. No decorations or other frills, but the restaurant is clean. I had the thai spicy shrimps and my husband ordered the coconut fried shrimps. We ordered at the counter and were served quite fast. We were both given ten jumbo shrimps. The thai shrimps came with rice, the coconut shrimps came with French fries. Both dishes were tasty, well cooked, especially the coconut shrimps which were really great. I enjoyed my thai shrimps also a lot, but beware of the heat. The price was very good.

Visited September 2013
“Large Portions of Shrimp!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This small diner on the east side of Kauai serves the best coconut shrimp! My daughter enjoyed the fish and chips.

Mokena, Illinois
“OH MY GOD!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

They now have a location in Kapaa and I went to both. We had the coconut shrimp - amazing, the thai shrimp - love this one! We also had the hot garlic shrimp - loads of flavor and the shrimp taco's which are yummy and large!

Norman
“island style fast food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Husband had coconut shrimp & I had garlic shrimp, neither was very good, too greasy and not very tasty. Understand why that no locals were eating there, only tourists.

• Visited September 2013