“Great value and nice food!”
Review of Kauai Family Cafe

Kauai Family Cafe
Ranked #55 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Filipino, Hawaiian
Description: We will be having a Mothers Day Brunch at 7am-2pm
Description: We will be having a Mothers Day Brunch at 7am-2pm
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a very nice meal here. The owner was very charming and pleasant and the food was very nice and extremely reasonably priced for Kauai. You should be aware that this is absolutely not a "fancy" restaurant - it is located in a small strip mall on the outskirts of Kapa'a and is pretty spartan and functional inside - definitely more cafe than restaurant. That said, the food we had was really nice and we felt it was very good value. My husband had pork adobo which he enjoyed and I had fish which was a tad on the bony side but very tasty and nicely presented with some very fresh salad and some rice. We shared a banana lumpia dessert - it was absolutely delicious - a very light crisp pastry, just a drizzle of caramel and wonderful Fillipino ice cream on the side. I would recommend trying the Fillipino dishes as this seems to be their specialty although they do offer more "local" dishes too. The location makes it slightly hard to spot this place in passing but I do hope that visitors to the island will give this restaurant a try as I think they are offering decent food, nice service and extremely good value for money!

2  Thank SoloTravelGal2011

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I went to Kauai for the first time. I stumbled on this place coz I wanted something quick and local style. I was so happy the owners are Filipino and they have Filipino dishes. I had the fried bangus (milkfish) meal with fried eggplant. So yummy it reminds me of being back home in the Philippines. I love their food so much we had to eat here every day of our vacation. They have quite variety of local food and filipino food as well. Its a family own restaurant so they treat you like family too. Very welcoming and attentive to your needs. Food prices are reasonable. Definitely a place to check out when your in Kauai. We will be back to this cafe whenever were in Kauai again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have visited Kauai 3 times, and each time I stay on the island, I eat at this place several times a week, sometimes twice a day. It's that good. It's a family-run restaurant, and they treat customers like family. The prices are extremely reasonable, and the food is consistently tasty. The menu is diverse, starting with the owners' own Philippino specialty, as well as some local Hawaiian favorites, and other Asian featured cuisine. I gave it 5 starts, and if the chart went up to 10 stars, I would give them 10, simply based on the incredible quality, for getting such value, at a very economical price.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stumbled upon the restaurant and like the sign indicating "family food" versus a chain or touristy place. Wow! We had an incredible lunch of chocolate beef, roasted pork, rice, noodles and then.....oh my gosh....the Banana and Icecream dessert! Purple and vanilla Icecream on lightly fried bananas inside a light pastry. And only $2. Enough for two. We plan to go back again this week. Delightful owners. This is a true treasure on kauaii!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We first found these folks at a Farmer's Market at the Community College. I tried a bowl of pancit- rice noodles stir fried with veggies. It was so good we searched out the restaurant in Kapaa and had a meal there. Excellent food, very friendly service. Portions were large and very reasonably priced. Give them a try!

1  Thank Susan A

Been to Kauai Family Cafe? Share your experiences!