“Best ice cream ever!”
Review of Tropical Dreams

Tropical Dreams
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Kapaa
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Tropical Dreams Ice Cream offers over 150 flavors of super premium ice cream, vegan ice cream, gelato and sorbet all handmade on the big island. Super premium means it's handmade with 18% butterfat, adding a rich and creamy texture you can taste. All Hawaiian ingredients are grown on environmentally friendly farms and 100% of our cream produced by Big Island dairies. The result....a true Hawaiian gourmet ice cream that is dense and very rich tasting with flavors you only dream about
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hands down, best ice cream I've ever had. We were greeted by the owner with a very enthusiastic Aloha. I have read all the great and not so great reviews about him. My opinion is that he simply is just a proud entrepreneur. He was very friendly and very thorough explaining his product and how he started his business. I did not take any offense on how he made it big in the business. I actually found it very fascinating. As far as the ice cream goes, I had the toasted coconut and pineapple. My husband had the peanut butter oreo and kona coffee. We both had a taste of each other's ice cream and It was definitely to die for. Granted it was on the expensive side but this is definitely a must splurge. I also liked the fact that his tip jar goes towards the schools around the island.

There are newer reviews for Tropical Dreams

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is the best soft serve we've had. I have a dairy allergy and our friend is diabetic. The soft serve is both dairy free and sugar free. What a treat! We went every day he was open while we were in Kapaa. The owner treats you like he's known you for years and you're his best friend. The soft serve portions are humongous....but they're not cheap either, but nothing is cheap in Hawaii. Tropical Dreams is kind of hidden in the back of the Safeway shopping center, next to Panda Express. You have to check this place out!

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I dont know where to start...either the awesome owners (especially great because they have a Chicago connection) or the fab ice cream!!! This is a must stop! The only complaint that I have is it isnt open on Sunday!!! I really wanted their ice cream today and went to Lappert's instead and was very unhappy. The owners of Tropical Dreams are so kind and clearly love their jobs. They offer samples of the flavor of your choice. The coconut is unreal! The flavors burst in your mouth, the texture of the ice cream is very smooth and creamy! Best of all, they keep covers on each ice cream tub so that there is NO FREEZER BURN!!! We need to open one of these in Illinois!!!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Open until 10 unlike the shave ice stations, I was craving something sweet and this was my only option. Saw it had great reviews, so tried it. The sugar-free, non-dairy "ice cream" is outstanding. Being lactose intolerant, this is greatly appreciated! The sweetness comes from natural fruit juices, and you're not missing anything when it comes to flavor! Dan, the owner, had southern charm with an island twist. 100% recommend!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

There is no doubt that this is the best ice cream that my wife and I have ever tried. We went twice and had the Peanut Butter Pieces, Pineapple Coconut and Oreo Mint. Everything tasted so fresh! Owner likes to talk it up, but the ice cream has definitely got his back.

1  Thank Bryan N