“Cafe Charming.”

Art Cafe Hemingway
Ranked #26 of 128 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As of June 2016 Art Cafe Hemingway follows a new concept: 2restaurants in 1 house. Monday - Friday HEMINGWAY BY MIAH Chef Miah and his young team serve the same brunch items as Jana and Markus. For dinner they present European inspired dishes. Friday - Sunday ART CAFÉ HEMINGWAY operated by Markus and Chef Jana. The restaurant features refined, playful dishes that highlight exceptional local ingredients and seasonality from their own Farm. Enjoy brunch in a relaxed atmosphere with best Italian coffee drinks and amazing brunch items. Or dinner in a romantic environment in one of the oldest houses of the island, with a small but precious selection of old-world wines and house designed cocktails.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friend who has been to Kauai many times, insisted that we eat here daily. However, what he had forgotten was that they close for the month of Feb. We had three blissful days to enjoy the cafe. It has a great atmosphere, surrounded by fun art and wonderful, friendly owners.

Try "In our time" for breakfast delicious. Also, this place made the very best granola breakfast with milk, yogurt, walnuts, fruit and honey. It was good, I've been replicating it for myself every morning since I returned.

I look forward to spending more leisurely morning in Kauai at Art Cafe on my next visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I prefer unsweetened brewed flavored coffee, which you can't seem to find on the island (other than buying it at a grocery store and making it yourself). So, just got a latte to go. Wish we could have had lunch or breakfast here because the place looked really cool. But at least tried the coffee which was very good.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a find. The owners are food lovers and this shows in every detail. Food was perfection, coffee was devine, owners friendly and came to each table to have a word with customers. I didn't think that they could serve a bad meal if they tried. This is the kind of restaurant I am always looking for: fresh ingredients and food made with passion. The pastry chef/part owner is from Europe as is her husband and their combined skills including warm personalities make for a winning combinations.
We were on the island for over two weeks starting in late January. Unfortunately for us the owners return to Europe each February otherwise we would have returned many more times.

If you want fast fried food, mediocre coffee, food with punch {heavy with cilantro, hot chill peppers, steak…you get the picture) pass this one by.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Art Cafe Hemingway is a totally charming cafe that we were so glad to find. The coffee was the best I had in 4 days on Kauai. I had the Sun Also Rises breakfast, which was excellent. The service was fine; we didn't have to wait an inordinate length of time, and there was no confusion regarding our orders. Maybe the folks here took previous comments to heart. I would have had breakfast here every day of our stay if it had worked in our schedule.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We happened upon this place while driving to Popui. It is a charming atmosphere but as stated before, the waitstaff is slow and confused on orders. The coffee is fabulous and the croissants are delectable.