“Morning coffee and pastry oasis -- and great tunes, too.”

Passion Bakery Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Kapaa
Cuisines: Cafe, American, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a full service Bakery Cafe. Different from most due to being on this small island of Kauai,Hi. Our cafe serves both breakfast and lunch with a variety of baked goods. We also serve the health food stores, restaurants and hotel industry out of the same building. While we serve you breakfast or lunch we will be packing breads which are getting ready to be delivered to our wholesale customers. So both retail and wholesale out of the same location. We have an open kitchen so you can watch out staff at work. Also, we are roasting our own beef for our sandwiches which are covered with a house made dry rub, we also make our own pastrami using the short ribs which are perfectly marbled with good fat. We brine the short ribs for 7 days, smoke using pecan wood for 4 hours then slow cooked for 48 hours using a sous de vide technic. Come and try one of our sandwiches.
“Morning coffee and pastry oasis -- and great tunes, too.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Nice to find a place that has Italian-quality cappucino, a good variety of bakery treats, and Miles tunes in the morning.

San Francisco, California
“Yummy bakery with island flavors”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Wow! What a find! My husband and I come to Kauai every year. I always look for new bakeries, stores, and restaurants. As we were driving to Kapa'a, I noticed their attractive sign. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisors, I decided to try it out. I bought a passion fruit French toast muffin. The people were very friendly. They used many local flavors - lichee, passion fruit, etc. my muffin was excellent. It was very moist with good passion fruit taste. I hope the business will do well.

“Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The owner was very nice and was so welcoming. Really good baked items. Coffee was good, but not great. All in all though I highly recommend it!

tropdefemme
“Perfect stop for breakfast...”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It is a family-owned shop with delicious, freshly baked sweet breads, cookies, even breakfast sandwiches (I had chorizo and potato), and delicious coffee. I was worried about finding a place in Kauai to get my caffeine fix (other than Starbucks), and this little place was charming and perfect.

Visited May 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“Delicious Pineapple Crostata”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Delicious cakes and cupcakes but our favourite was the pineapple crostata!

Visited May 2012