“Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but soooo healthy!”

Rainbow Living Foods
Ranked #63 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but soooo healthy!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

After a long walk beach side, we stopped by for a smoothie, a green juice & some "power" balls. This is raw living food that you might make for yourself at home.
We sat outside at a picnic table and enjoyed the sun.
Off the beaten path, you have to want to find it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Diane H

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Raw Dishes”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We are always looking for raw restaurants on our travels and this one was awesome. Their dishes and sandwiches were varied and were not the usual raw meals. They were innovative and used a wide variety of ingredients. They were very helpful in providing to go items for taking on the planes to the states. Moreover their desserts were amazing especially the chocolate mousse. For all raw converts this is the place to eat in Kapaa and Kauai.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Charles R
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great for what they do!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It's not easy to find a place that offers raw options, and always a delight when I do. The food took a really long time (we waited well over 20 minutes after we ordered - but there was another group of four that sat down not long before us). If you're specifically looking for raw foods, then it's worth a stop. I wouldn't say that I'll specifically be seeking it out the next time I'm on the island, unless I'm specifically hankering for raw foods again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth P
Seattle
“amazing!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hubby and I got the chance to talk to the husband, Achinthea (sp?) He's so very kind and nice.

Service can be extremely slow even if calling in ahead of time over the phone, so just beware if you're really hungy.

This place is very pricey but it's worth it for me and my family because it's all organic and great quality ingredients. If you take into account that the collard wrap can feed one person for 2 meals, then that's quite a value!

We are not a vegan family. We integrate lots of raw food into our diet. Eating at rainbow living foods makes us feel so clean and healthy

Lack of consistency with the chai latte which was a bummer because when it's made right, it is AMAZING!

All of the other smoothies and shakes were always consistent in taste. These are so delicious and are so nourishing!!!

I think we spent about $250 (NO JOKE) here easily over 4 visits because I wanted to try as much as I could, being that I am falling in love with raw foods and want to look into becoming raw food chef certified.

We tried:
collard wrap - excellent especially with the side dressing. (We initially bought it from Papaya Natural Food market and it doesn't come with dressing). We usually split one between the 2 of us and then would eat it with a side of poke.

rainbow burger - very good, but would not satisfy a burger craving if you are craving a beef burger

rainbow veggie wrap - it was very good

rainbow taco - very good

chocolate pie - hmm... not so great. I didn't really enjoy this one

chia seed pudding - just OK. didn't really enjoy this either

almond milk - it was OK. I had them add vanilla and a little sweetner to it.

banana nut shake - This was absolutely delicious!!! AND A MUST HAVE!

pina colada shake - This was absolutely delicious!!! AND A MUST HAVE!

rainbow shake (not rainbow smoothie) - This was absolutely delicious!!! AND A MUST HAVE!

chocolate irish moss smoothie - This was absolutely delicious!!! and a MUST HAVE

new on the menu was the chai tea latte. When I had it on the first visit, it was AMAZING!!! But then I ordered it on a different day, and it was lacking so much flavor. Achinthea graciously took it back and added more spices and sweetener but it was still lacking. So, I would say that the chai tea latte would be a MUST HAVE but becuase it's not consistent, I would say good luck to you if you get it. When it's amazing, it IS AMAZING!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank mswendymc
Petaluma, California
“Spectacular food!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The best raw/vegan food we've ever had! A hidden gem behind Mermaids in Kapaa! The flavor and freshness is out of this world!!!

Visited September 2013