“Cliff is the man!”

Tampa, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Cliff is the man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

1st time surfers who had a great time learning to catch a wave. They meet you at a local beach with the best conditions for beginners. Cliff was very helpful and more reasonable priced than the competition. We didn't have to bring anything as Cliff had it all.

Visited November 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great service and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff at Learn To Surf were great! They returned my phone call quickly and got me in the same day for a lesson. They gave me great directions - important on Kauai, as many of the little beaches can't be seen from the main road - to a beach where the waves were just right. This group gives lessons island-wide. You meet them where conditions are best. The instruction on the beach was simple and easy to understand. In the water, they are with you every step of the way, providing you with tips to improve your form and plenty of encouragement. My lesson was about 90 min long and they let me stay in the water for another 30. At $45, this was an excellent value! They also give SUP lessons. I would recommend anything this company offers.

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Cliff was my instructor, and he was amazing. I had a great time learning to surf for the first time and did way better than I expected. I really wanted to take a 2nd lesson, but it didn't work out. I will definitely come back to these guys next time I'm in Kauai. One piece of advice I would give though is to wear a long-sleeve shirt. My elbows were hurting for quite awhile after the lesson because of contact with the rough surface of the board.

Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

These guys were fantastic, patient and professional. Cliff was great at explaining the safety tips on shore and quickly got us up and at em in the water. Wesley (I think that was his name) was great with our kids and took his time and even let them use the SUP equipment after surfing. Great experience overall.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“These guys are good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Called these guys based on the review in the Ultimate Kauai travel guide. Definitely the right call. Nephi and Cliff really know how to get us out of shape old guys, as well as the young ones up and surfing. Try to hang with Cliff or Nephi if you have a choice. They pick the spot where the best surfing is rather than being locked into one location which makes a lot of sense. I was up on my board on the second try. My 13 yo loved it and we both were up and going quickly. We went back a second day and skipped the land lesson and went right to the water. We were catching waves on our own and having a blast. Seemed to me that everyone there on both days succeeded and had a lot of fun. They have the right boards, right spot and a know how to teach us rookies. Thanks! Boston