“Super nice, great surf instructor!”
Review of Learn to Surf

Learn to Surf
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our two teenage daughters took a surf lesson from Cliff. He's a great guy, patient, kind and a wonderful teacher. The girls were standing up w/in about 30 minutes of the lesson. He taught them the basics at the outlet of a stream, then took them into the ocean where they surfed for another 90 minutes. Great price, great lesson, great memory of Kauai! Thanks

There are newer reviews for Learn to Surf

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a low key small group no attitude surf school.
Great teacher and great location.
They pick the beach based on surf condition not resort location. Great condition for learning and not crowded.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My Fiance and I visited Kauai and really wanted to learn how to surf one morning. After doing research online it looked like every company charged at least $75 a person for a lesson. We then found this place which only charged us $40 per person. We like how this company didn't have a set location but rather would call us the night before and tell us where the waves were best and then would meet them there! The spot was only 5 minutes from our hotel and they got us right into the water after a short intro on the beach. They were such good teachers (3 to 1 guide ratio) that I even got up on my first time (so did everyone else)! After the lesson they said we could keep the boards and practice more if we wanted. After the lesson we liked them so much we called them again to see if we could rent their boards to practice again the next day. They gave them to us for $10 each for 2 hours and still even gave us some free surfing instruction. Best company and staff (including the cute dogs that come along with them to the beach each time) and I would recommend this company to everyone!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a super surf lesson with these guys. I appreciate that they pick the best condition and beach for the day so that we could avoid the surfboard parking lot outside the Sheraton (crowded and a little dangerous with all those boards floating around). My 6 year old daughter got an instructor to herself and was getting up on her own. I learned some new techniques and made some improvements -- thanks!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I took the lesson with Learn to Surf in Kapaa in Kauai. The "teacher" has been really patient , really friendly and gave us good tips. Really good experience ! We had lesson just for us 2. They bring you in the best spot to learn... not crowded beach, no reef, no rocks. The price is really cheap compare with other surf lessons we saw on the island. He let us practice with the boards after our 90 min lessons.