“Honeymoon”

Hawaiian Style Fishing
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My newlywed wife and I had a wonderful time. The Captain Terry was the best. We caught a bunch of fish and one of the best captains in all of my years going on fishing boats. Excellent equipment wonderful entertainment. If you are going to Kauai look no further than booking with Hawaiian Style Fishing. This guy blows everyone out of the water if you want to do some real fishing!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went fishing on my own (i am a girl, i found that it is sort of rare to do so), I was kind of nervous at first but his down-to-earth, laid back demeanor put me at ease right away, He treated me like a queen. He is one of the most skilled Captain's I have ever seen in my life. His twin sons fished in another boat behind us. We caught a total of 13 Ahi (yellowfin tuna) that day....we were the only boat to catch anything that day as he demonstrated a cool trick with the lines and hooks that neither myself or the rest of the group had ever seen. I would recommend Captain Terry to anyone that is looking to seriously fish. He is part of the spirit of Kauai!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Captain Terry knows how and where to catch fish! I was there on December 27th with my 2 sons, aged 14 and 20. We left the harbor early in the morning to fight the trade winds and seas all the way out to the fishing location, Captain Terry not only took his time to ensure we arrived safely and comfortable but entertained us all the way out, we had a lot of laughs at this stories of fishing and surfing. His boat is set up to fish, combined with this knowledge of the sea and the area we ended up catching 23 tuna. For my 2 boys it was simply amazing to catch fish from the time we arrived until we left. Looking at the other charter boats, it was clearly apparent we were with the right Captain.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Fished 2 days with Capt Terry and his son Tyler. Excellent equipment. His boat is set up to fish period. If you want fancy this is not the trip for you. First day we (4) on a shared trip boated a bunch of Ahu (skipjack tuna) and one Ahi (yellowfin tuna) on light tackle and had a ball. Second trip the morning was windy and seas high we got our roller coaster ride of the week. fished hard all morning for one 15 lbs. Mahi Mahi. Terry kept working even though our time was up. We were heading back to the dock when we came upon a floating truck tire probably from the tsunami in Japan and Bang we landed 7 nice Mahi Mahi all over 20 lbs in the next 30 minutes. Made for a great BBQ dinner that night, his skill at hooking these fish without live bait was amazing

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It wasn't the perfect weather day, but Captain Terry really knew how to navigate the waters and put us on the fish. We had 5 of my sons and nephews onboard and they were all pumped about the results of the trip. He knew to get out early and his maneuvering of the boat kept us on top of the fish for as long as they bit. His knowledge and conversation were entertaining and he was always optimistic about catching. Based on what we could see of the other boats we caught a lot more fish and were having a lot more fun. He willingly shared his catch with us and we had sashimi and skipjack tacos for dinner that night. This is my second time going out with him and I'll do it every time I come to Kauai.