“Loved Killah Steaks”
Review of Killah Steak - CLOSED

Killah Steak
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stopped here for a quick lunch and it was so good. I had the garlic lemon shrimp and my husband the salt and pepper steak. Now, he is not a sauce or rice person but he loved the Killah sauce with the white rice. Simple yet flavorful food!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I heard about Killah Steaks from a past TA'er who raved about it. It is just a little white lunch truck located on the highway next to Bobby V's and across the street from McDonalds. My Dh and kids were hesitant when they saw it and I told them, trust me, a TA foodie said they had great food and boy, was he right. My Dh and son ordered the Salt and Pepper Steak for $6.50 which came with a big scoop of rice and a simple big green salad. The spices were just perfect and my husband put some of the Killah Teriyaki sauce on his steak and loved it even more. He put that sauce all over his rice he loved it so much and so did my son, they were hogging that bottle. I had the surf & turf which I picked the chopped steak which has a yummy gravy with grilled mushrooms and onions and some butter garlic shrimp on the side. It was ONO-licious! They put a lot of gravy so tell them to put less if you don't like that but I loved mixing the gravy in my rice. The shrimp was cooked perfectly, I think even better than my shrimp I had at the Hukilau Lanai and it was in a garlic butter sauce which I also mixed in my rice. If you love shrimp and don't want to go all the way to Waimea to get it at a decent price, than come here. The menu is small but they do a few things at really great quality. They also had just the shrimp plate for $10 and you can also pick the salt and pepper steak with the shrimp too. They had fish on their menu too but they were out of that, I want to try that next time. My daughters did not order anything but then after they tasted everyone's steak, I had to order another steak plate for them. We brought our own drinks we had in a cooler and they were fine with that, and we sat on one of the 2 yellow picnic tables under a tent there. These local guys listen to Jawaiian tunes while they cook and its just a fun island vibe, we loved it! You can take this to go & go to the beach or your condo which would be great too. There are more great reviews and pix of the food on yelp.

We watched lots of people go in and out of McDonalds and my dh said, "why would you eat at McD's when you can get that anywhere, just cross the street, here is fresh. local, delicious food for just a tad more!" The tourists after us looked hesitant as well then they tasted their food and the look on their face when they put the Killah sauce on their steak. They all started passing that bottle of sauce. They also have ranch and another salad dressing, kinda like papaya seed dressing I think for your salad, very yummy.

One request- can you Killah Steaks guys bottle your secret Killah sauce and sell it?? Oh my, we want to bring some of that magical stuff home! We wanted to go on our last day but they were not open yet. Killah Steaks is open on Mon- Sat. 11-5, so the next time you're driving thru the coconut lined highway, stop here to have some Killah steak and shrimp at a killah price! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank huladolz
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Killah Steak is a food wagon in the corner of a parking lot, across the street from Foodland. For $6.50, they serve up the best salt and pepper steak ever to pass the lips of man. Along with the steak, you get rice and salad. If you want nicer surroundings than the picnic tables next to the wagon, the beach is a block or so away. The menu is limited to steak, chopped steak, and a couple of other items. Their Killah Teri sauce is delicious. Their emphasis is on doing a few things well.
The hours are a bit quirky-they close at 5:00, unless they run out of food earlier.

2  Thank Thal