“Wonderful grounds with beautiful view”
Review of Lae Nani

Lae Nani
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Beautiful property with fantastic views

My husband and I stayed in Unit 222 for the month of Feb 2013. Lae Nani is a wonderful property and very quiet. It is easy to see why so many travellers go here year after year. Our unit had a great view and there was certainly no problems with noise on property at all. We had rented through Kauai Condo Vacations, Roy Skinner and received excellent service. A few required items were missing of which I purchased some and when I contacted Roy he immediately supplied me with the rest. Unit 222 had just been remodelled and although attractive appears had been redone keeping costs to a very minimum . The twin beds in second bedroom were not new and would need to be replaced. Master bedroom was a queen bed minus any headboard rather than king. The living room couch was new but extremely uncomfortable and is likely the reason I did not rent this unit for next year.
Enjoyed our stay and are returning in 2014 to Lae Nani.
Claude and Shirley Picray
Ponteix, Sask.

3  Thank Picray
There are newer reviews for Lae Nani

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great Aloha spirit from everyone we met. Check in quick and easy.The condo was as pictured, nicely updated, spacious, large lanai. Great central location. Within walking distance to Coconut Market place (gift shops, Lappert's ice cream, free hula dancing and music, farmers markets). A good cental location for excursions to the rest of what Kauai has to offer. This a second floor unit, not too many stairs, but still a great view of the beautiful grounds and ocean beyond. Block four has the best of everything, all the views but quieter (not right on the beach).

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Lae Nani, unit 314, which is located on the ground level. I was a bit concerned due to some of the reviews but was very happy with our choice. The setting is lovely and the grounds are really more beautiful than the pictures depict. The beach is a small cove but quite nice for short swims and laying around. It is a an excellent choice for families since there is a very sheltered man-made lagoon perfect for little ones, spacious lawn areas and a fantastic pool. We travel a great deal and have stayed in many beautiful places so are somewhat picky about settings and atmosphere. We definitely are not into "resort-type" accommodations. If you are similar, you will love the Lae Nani which is very low key, quiet, and not "tropical-staged" like many of the larger hotels in Hawaii. Unit 314 was a bit dated but clean, well outfitted and met our needs perfectly. We particularly liked being on the ground level and being able to just walk across the lawn to the beach. We were very happy with the location which is very close to the cute funky town of Kapaa which has a variety of restaurants and two super markets. There are shops,several restaurants and a bakery within walking distance of the Lae Nani as well. The location is also very central to the north and south parts of the island. I suspect we will be back.

4  Thank Marti N
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We rented a 2 bedroom ocean view condo. it was great for our family! we have 2 kids and it was nice for them to have their own room. we also really liked having a kitchen so that we didn't have to eat out for every meal. The view from our lanai was amazing! the sunrise from the beach on the other side of the property was gorgeous! they also have a lave rock pool in the bay that is great for young kids. it offers an area protected from the waves. my 2 year old son loved it! Even my nine year old daughter loved it because there were beautiful fish in it also. I've stayed here before and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I would definitely get an ocean view or ocean front room. They are right on the beach & the vie...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank April G
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Had an ocean view condo, 2nd floor which had everything. Friends had a poolside ground floor which was pretty good too. Good spot, but a bit of a hike to the north shore for sight seeing etc. if you just want to relax and enjoy the scenery that's here, go no further. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Kenny B
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Lae Nani in Kapaa, Kauai approximately 15 years ago and was very impressed with the quality at that time. The condos were filled with amenities necessary for any vacationer who was staying for a week or more. I stayed at the same location a few weeks ago and was very disappointed in the condo this time around. It was very tired, in need of paint/upgrading of furniture/decor and had only the bare minimum necessities. I would definitely not stay there again on my next visit to Kauai.

Room Tip: Condos located in Poipu are much more upscale and still affordable. Also several more restaurants l...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carol J
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we visited this older property and really thrilled to have unit 535 from VRBO that was upgraded bathrooms, flooring, furnishings, ammenities, net flix, wifi.....etc
top floor, beautiful view, big balconies with out door furniture
we are going to return

Room Tip: unit 535 VRBO website
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank William S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
#10 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa Landing Resort
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Waipouli Beach Resort

Been to Lae Nani? Share your experiences!