“Excellent hike with great guide”

Kauai Hiking Adventures
Ranked #18 of 50 Tours in Kapaa
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent hike with great guide”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked a half-day hike. Dealing with Scott was easy -- I emailed him with dates and our skill levels and he responded right away with 3 different options that would work, and we picked one. He took us along a route where we saw NO other tourists -- only 1 local and a sea lion! It was great to do a hike where there weren't a thousand other tourists. Next time we are in Hawaii, we will be doing a full day hike with Scott.

Visited January 2013

Hartford, Wisconsin
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My daughter (13) and I had a great experience with Kauai Hiking Adventures. Booking online with Scott was easy and informative. Our guide, Jivan, was wonderful at tailoring the hiking to what we wanted. He was knowledgable, cariing, funny, and easy to spend the day with. I highly recommend Kauai Hiking Adventures regardless of your age or fitness level -- they will work with you to meet your needs for a fabulous hike and adventure.

Visited January 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A MUST!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

First, this is an amazing group of individuals with an amazing island to show you!
This tour is as amazing as the helicopter tour if you enjoy excercise and adventure....

Booking: Scott was prompt, friendly, and insightful about an appropriate hike for comfort/fitness level. We were thrilled about his suggestion upon first step of the hike. Scheduling and billing were a snap!

Hike: was perfectly suited for us - Makaleha Falls, and we will be back for more next year! No way could've we navigated on our own!

Guide: Our guide, Jeremy, made me feel at ease on our hike. I was able to let go of my fear of being 'lost' and be able to enjoy the absolute beauty of kauai that I really wanted. Jeremy provided helpful tips along the way - not instructions, or a rulebook - just perfect pointers for the new terrain we were discovering.

Our party of two wished we could've booked a second trip with Jeremy, but just didn't fit in the schedule.

It was so wonderful, I will be requesting two hikes with Jeremy next year !!!

Give Scott a call/email - he will be happy to answer your questions and find a hike that is right for you!

Visited December 2012
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Kauai Hiking Adventures exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Communication was excellent and our guide Jeremy was perfect for the job. We thoroughly enjoyed his company and expertise on Kauai. He was very helpful on the hike and tried to make our time all that we wanted it to be. He even returned a couple of items of ours that we left in his car, AFTER he washed my filthy shirt! Definitely above and beyond "the call of duty!"

Visited October 2012
Maui, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kauai Hiking Adventure - Amazing!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I normally never hire hiking guides as I consider myself a very strong and confident hiker, but hiring Kauai Hiking Adventures was one of the best decisions I ever made.

The hike and Scott's service were both incredible! The hike was the best hike of our lives and we have done many hikes in Hawaii and around the world. Scott was positive, knowlagble, firendly, relatable, and a great judge of our hiking abiities and comfort level. I would highly recommend Kauai Hiking Adventures to ANYONE visiting Kauai regardless of their backcountry skill and hiking abilities.

Visited August 2012