Tripadvisor
Kapaa
Post
Inbox
Search

“Wide selection at new Coconut Marketplace location”
Review of Sushi Bushido

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kuhio Highway
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to their old location till advised of new space a mile or so away. Nice, larger space with lots more parking. Wide selection of very fresh fish. Enjoyed the tofu and pickled vegetable salads. Efficient, friendly service. Good drink options. Bathrooms near but across the mall.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (238)

Reviewed December 19, 2019

I had a night alone here before a late flight and could barely get a seat at the bar of this happening restaurant, but when I did, I had the pleasure of being attended by the restaurant's owner, Victor. Like all the staff, he was super friendly and made time to chat with me and educate me on the sushi I was unfamiliar with. And it was all very high quality—better than lots that I've had in NYC or LA. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 4, 2019

I do not eat sushi (vegetarian) but, I found several veggie choices that were delicious. 3 out of 5 of our party never had even eaten sushi before. They all loved the food they had.

Reviewed November 28, 2019 via mobile

After traveling for 18 hours we decided Japanese food was a good option for dinner. It's set in the relaxed Coconut Market Place so there's loads of parking. We were enthusiastically greated at the door and the restaurant was half full. My husband ordered a Poke salad and even though a bit unsure of raw fish was very Happy. It was super fresh as was our sushi. My new love is Soba Noodles and my teriyaki chicken soba salad was massive and tasty. The service was awesome, food fresh and tasty and although we've only been in Kauai 2 days it was probably good value?? Anyways I recommend.

Reviewed November 21, 2019

Very good sushi, good reasonably priced drinks and a friendly staff. We had the Bushido roll, Rainbow roll and the 24K Gold roll along with fried Gyoza. All were delicious. Also, try the Coco Punch mixed drink, so good.