“Worst food I have ever had”
Review of Sushi Bushido

Sushi Bushido
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Bushido is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kuhio Highway
Reviewed February 25, 2014

On our last night of our honeymoon we decided to go to this restaurant and it was the worst food I have EVER had.
First we had udon, it had no taste and had a funky smell to it. It is pretty hard to make bad udon.. I can make a better one in the microwave at home!! But we were so hungry we added lots of soy sauce and waited for the sushi.
When the sushi arrived we were once again disappointed. The rice was crunchy and it stuck to our teeth. We just ate the insides and left the rest.
My husband NEVER leaves food, even when it's not nice, but this food was so disgusting we had to leave it and go away hungry.
The service wasn't that good either, she knew something was wrong but tried her best to avoid asking any questions.
Very expensive as well, AVOID this place.

1  Thank ReynaFraser

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had the Bushido Rainbow Roll and the Michiko Roll and both were out of this world fantastic. I would highly recommend both. My husband had the spicy tuna and a tuna salad that doesn't seem to be on their online menu. He was very happy with both of his choices. The service was prompt and attentive and everyone who served us did so with a smile.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Very young staff, that don't seem to care one bit about the place. Our waitress had no clue about the food, and misinformed us on what we ordered. When we let her know, she shrugged and did not care. She had that attitude through our entire meal. The manager does not seem to care either, and I doubt they read their reviews!

1  Thank Daniela G
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and were looking to go to Eastside late Super Bowl Sunday.

I had spicy chicken, my wife had a lava roll. It was okay, but nothing special.

Service was not very good. What is it about young waiters and waitresses these days? (Yes I sound like my Grand Dad). Waitress was asked specific questions about the roll my wife ordered. She had no clue, made up an answer. Roll came and it was precisely what my wife was trying to avoid.

Won't go here again.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you want to watch how the sushi is made without sitting at their bar, just look at the flat-screen tv to see how they do it. I wanted a scotch neat and their selection had only one kind, Jameson. Ordered it anyway. Unfortunately, we sat at a table that was in the sun so it got kind of warm during our lunch. There's no air conditioning, just ceiling fans so be sure to find a table away from the windows. Their sushi selection was super. We ordered the Lava Roll, the Crispy Crab Roll, and the Bushido Rainbow Roll to share. It was deliciously filling and savory. A member of our party had the udon (served with two shrimp tempura) and the kids had combo plates. There were a limited number of parking stalls behind the restaurant, otherwise street parking.