“Inventive and Tasty”
Review of Sushi Bushido

Sushi Bushido
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Bushido is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 132 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kuhio Highway
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We got here very early (around 5 pm) and had wonderful sushi. Most of the sushi was standard fare and tasty. My husband got to try monkfish liver, a first for him (I am not a fan of eating anything's liver). Several of the rolls were incredibly creative, using ingredients I would never think of being in sushi. I had a wonderful Cosmopolitan roll, which included pepperjack cheese and apple. Our server was helpful, friendly, and attentive. The place is small and filled up quickly; by the time we left, newcomers were being told it was a 45 minute wait. It is definitely worth going here but I would advise either go early or plan for a wait. They only take reservations for parties of 6 or more. One fun plus is the sushi cam, where you can see a close up of the sushi being prepared.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My previous experience with Sushi Bushido was when they were at Nawiliwili Harbor. They have move 10mi north to Kapaa now. Still love how they do a modern retro Japanese environment with local and diverse modern Japanese art and flare. Live music on weekends is a great touch, holiday, island or traditional. Staff is VERY friendly, but occasionally bogged down during peak flow.

Bushido roll is great as always. Am disappointed the tempura offering is not varied - cannot get just veggies or seafood, just a mix of the two. They will make custom rolls and heat adjustments to your orders as requested which is great. They do a fried green tea ice cream that is wonderful - IF you eat it quickly before the tempura gets soggy with melted ice cream.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The sushi was exceptional, Their specialty rolls were inventive. After a non-plus experience at nearby Kintaro,it showed us good food, and excellent service was just a short drive away.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stopped by here a few days ago for lunch and really enjoyed it! The waiter was polite and attentive and gave us great recommendations. We loved the "butter me up" roll. It was different and delicious! They have great drinks that are larger and below the price of other restraunts in the area. Would go here again!

1  Thank Kristin_Ferrell
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We enjoyed this place immensely. The servers were charming, the atmosphere ways fun and inviting, and the sushi was fantastic. It was innovative without being too precious, adding a light Hawaiian touch and interesting techniques that made for an overall delightful meal. And the mai-tais weren't too bad either!