“A true adventure”

$93.64*
and up
Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008, Kahi & Christian since 2010, Matt & Jeremy since 2014. We welcome our new guides: Ryan, Austin, Scott & Nathan. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Sheila, Elana or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS, HIKING SANDALS WORK BEST OR WATER SHOES. GUESTS MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO :)
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was not your average walk in the park trip, but what an amazing experience. 4 miles of kayaking 3 of walking and a swim under a beautiful waterfall. While there has been a lot of rain on Kauai this year and the path was really muddy it was still a great way to spend a morning learning about the history of Kauai. Our guide Andy was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all the questions that were asked from our group. We would recommend being cautious on the hike as my wife slipped in the mud a few times but laughed and loved every minute of it covered in mud and all. Must do while you are in Kauai !

2  Thank Phillip E

Reviewed April 9, 2014

It is Spring so there's lots of mud hiking in Kauai. It was a beautiful river kayak and dip when we got to the Falls. Our leader Chris was Excellent!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I were looking for some new things to do on vacation. Not being kayakers we weren't sure how this would work out for us. The double kayaks were easy to use. The 2.5 mile trip up the Wailua river was both beautiful and relaxing. This was followed by a 1 mile hike to a waterfall and swimming area. Our tour guide, Thomas, was attentive to the needs of the group setting an easy pace and allowing everyone time to enjoy the trip. He set up a lovely picnic for us while we enjoyed some swimming and picture taking. Hiking to the waterfall was extremely muddy. Hiking sticks wait for you as you begin the hike. Be sure to take one. Take lots of pictures, get dirty and have fun.

1  Thank 3Terri
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I strongly encourage anyone interested in the excursion to ask your booking concierge about the condition of the hiking path. We payed before knowing how crazy slippery the hiking trail would be. I took a nasty fall on a rock and did some significant damage to my back and tailbone. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to continue on to the waterfall. The guide was very friendly and warned the rest of the group that the path would only get muddier. The rest of the group really seemed to enjoy the excursion. This review is in no way meant to discourage people from going on the excursion. Just know what you're getting into before you pay, medical bills included.

1  Thank jlg__83
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Aloha, and thank you for joining us on our adventure. We apologize if you were not informed of the possible muddy and slippery trail conditions. Frequent showers create our beautiful, tropical rainforests and breathtaking waterfalls but unfortunately muddy trails too. If a refund was not offered to you after your time with us, please let me know. I would like to refund what you paid for our tour. We are dedicated to making all our guests’ time with us safe and fun, and hope that you will consider joining us again if you are ever visiting our beautiful island in the future. Mahalo and God Bless. Gayle I. Mitzel, Owner

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Kayaking down the river was very relaxing and scenery excellent. Definitely a bit of an adventure through the muddy trails, but very beautiful and alot of fun. The secret waterfall was awesome and swimming in the pool with the mist all around was very cool. Daniel our guide was excellent and made it tons of fun. Thanks!!