“Great guide”

$93.64*
and up
Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008, Kahi & Christian since 2010, Matt & Jeremy since 2014. We welcome our new guides: Ryan, Austin, Scott & Nathan. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Sheila, Elana or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS, HIKING SANDALS WORK BEST OR WATER SHOES. GUESTS MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO :)
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a good experience with this tour wish it had lasted a little longer so we
Could see more
Large group made it hard to do this

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Aloha sheryl r,
Glad to hear you had a good experience with our company. We wish our tour time could have lasted longer for you :) :) :) All Wailua kayak tour companies operate within the same tour time perimeters. We are all regulated by the state and have specific launch times to operate our a.m. and p.m. tours. Tour times usually run 4.5-5 hrs depending on the pace of the group.
Also, all kayak companies run with 1 guide and a maximum of 12 guests per tour. I'm happy you thought your guide was great! :) I am super blessed to have a great crew! All our guides have been guiding anywhere from 5-15 yrs. Our guides make themselves available to all guests throughout the tour and they love to share their spirit of aloha by educating all w/ Hawaiian history, culture, flora, fauna and other fun facts about Kauai.
Mahalo for your review.
God Bless you!

There are newer reviews for Kayak Adventures

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A trip up the Wailua River on Kauai to the Uluwehi Falls is a great adventure for all. This was my first time ever to kayak, so I put my husband in the back and took the front seat. We set out a half day after 4 inches of rain fell on the island, so the river was full and the mud ashore on the two mile round trip hike was deep, slippery, and sticky. I'm not a girl who likes to get dirty and I'm still trying to get all the mud out of my Tevas, but this had to be one of the most fun and challenging things I've done. Our guide, Chris, was kind and patient, and kept us entertained with jokes and stories. He was very knowledgable about the history of the area and the flora and fauna surrounding us. Our journey from the falls back to the kayaks was filled with ukelele music as Chris literally danced his way to the river. Those of us of an older persuasion were a little slower and clumsier.
Don't miss an opportunity to get wet in the pool beneath the falls. The water is cold and clear...and you can use the opportunity to wash off some of the mud!

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Aloha lucas1216,
So glad you enjoyed your kayak trip up the Wailua River. We have a lot of novice kayakers come out with us and all our guides are patient and offer great instruction no matter what the age group. Yes, we go rain or shine and after 4 inches of rainfall, the river gets full & the trail conditions get muddy/slippery. The mud can get deep in spots, so it is important to wear Teva-like hiking sandals. (We have found Crocs get sucked off in the mud)! lol Chris is very knowledgable about Hawaiian history/flora and fauna. He also loves to keep his guests entertained w/jokes and stories not to mention he can serenade you w/his ukelele!
Mahalo for your kind review or our company and guide.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Don't miss the trip offered by this company to the sacred falls. We had a great guide, Aaron, who really made the entire trip more exciting and fun for my teenagers as well as my parents. When we go back to Kauai, we'll definitely go with them, cannot recommend this trip enough.

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Aloha rstopani,
Mahalo for your review on Trip Advisor.
Aaron is amazing! He can relate to all ages. He can keep everyone entertained, as well as sharing his knowledge on Hawaiian history, culture and the love of this island! You basically had a personal concierge at your finger tips! :)
Thank you again for highly recommending us! Hope to see you next time you visit Kauai!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband researched activities for several days before our vacation to Kauai. He was impressed by what he saw and read regarding Kayak Adventures. It was my favorite activity of the trip. The trip lasted about 4 1/2 hours. We had a small group of 3 couples. Had a chance to visit with them along the way. The hike was "just right" and the waterfall and pool were worth the trip. Daniel was very funny, entertaining and knowledgable. Truly enjoyed our experience.

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Aloha OurTrips2002,
Mahalo for you review on our company :)
I am glad to hear your husband was impressed by our reviews. (Thank you Trip Advisor).
I have to say, I am blessed to have such an amazing crew! My guides make the tour. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with Daniel who is very knowledgeable yet funny & entertaining! :)

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Daniel was a terrific guide. He was very knowledgeable. My wife and I had not been in a kayak before and he was patient in helping us have a wonderful experience. Next time we visit Kauai we will return for another kayak adventure.

Aloha NMBtom,
Mahalo for your review of Daniel! He has been with us since the beginning and he is like a brother to me! His years of experience & knowledge on the river proves to his guests that he is an exeptional guide and asset to our company! Daniel is very patient w/guests who have never kayaked before and at times has been known to give some marriage counseling along the way in his kayak -LOL! I am very happy you & your wife had a wonderful experience. Please come see us again on your next visit to Kauai.
Gayle I. Mitzel, owner