“Daniel was a great guide!”
Review of Kayak Adventures

Kayak Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$93.64*
and up
Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008, Kahi & Christian since 2010, Matt & Jeremy since 2014. We welcome our new guides: Ryan, Austin, Scott & Nathan. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Sheila, Elana or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS, HIKING SANDALS WORK BEST OR WATER SHOES. GUESTS MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO :)
Rogersville, Missouri
“Daniel was a great guide!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband researched activities for several days before our vacation to Kauai. He was impressed by what he saw and read regarding Kayak Adventures. It was my favorite activity of the trip. The trip lasted about 4 1/2 hours. We had a small group of 3 couples. Had a chance to visit with them along the way. The hike was "just right" and the waterfall and pool were worth the trip. Daniel was very funny, entertaining and knowledgable. Truly enjoyed our experience.

Visited January 2013
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Aloha OurTrips2002,
Mahalo for you review on our company :)
I am glad to hear your husband was impressed by our reviews. (Thank you Trip Advisor).
I have to say, I am blessed to have such an amazing crew! My guides make the tour. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with Daniel who is very knowledgeable yet funny & entertaining! :)

Willoughby
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best activity we encountered during our week long stay on Kauai.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Daniel was a terrific guide. He was very knowledgeable. My wife and I had not been in a kayak before and he was patient in helping us have a wonderful experience. Next time we visit Kauai we will return for another kayak adventure.

Aloha NMBtom,
Mahalo for your review of Daniel! He has been with us since the beginning and he is like a brother to me! His years of experience & knowledge on the river proves to his guests that he is an exeptional guide and asset to our company! Daniel is very patient w/guests who have never kayaked before and at times has been known to give some marriage counseling along the way in his kayak -LOL! I am very happy you & your wife had a wonderful experience. Please come see us again on your next visit to Kauai.
Gayle I. Mitzel, owner
Monmouth, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“They did a great job”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We called ahead and reserved spots for the early 7:00am trip. I read in another review that the river gets crowded and that was true and good advice to go early (out tour guide also agreed). We arrived at their office, it took 15 minutes to get our group of 12 paddlers together (we were there high season, I suspect smaller groups for non high season), we boarded a van and drive 5 minutes to the launch point. It was a 2.5 mile paddle up to the waterfall hike parking spot, 1 mile hike each way to and from waterfall, and a 2.5 mile paddle back downstream. Bring good water saddles or shoes, not flip flops. The trail was a little slippery given the recent rain and folks with flip flops had a harder time. The have nice dry bag pack packs. I would suggest a towel and warm shirt if you want to swim in the waterfall. They also provided a nice lunch sandwich and water. Most kayaks were two-person but we had one single in our group and they gave her a single-person kayak.

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Aloha Nomadic4fun,
Mahalo for taking the time to review our company!
Yes, it's true during our summer and holiday seasons the river gets crowded and that was good advice to go on our early tour.
All kayak companies are only allowed to take a maximum of 12 people per tour. Yes, bring good footwear especially this time of year when we get more rain and the trail conditions can be muddy and slippery. Hiking sandals or sneakers. Def no flip-flops. My guides do all the purchasing for my company, so they make sure we have the best equipment, like SeaLine dry bag backpacks. Yes, I agree that guests should bring a towel to share between two people & warm shirt if you want to swim in the waterfall bc this time of the year the water is "quite refreshing". -LOL- Small Town Coffee provides the hearty sandwich, fresh pineapple, cookies, chips and water. We offer all double kayaks (two-person) and offer one single-person kayak per tour. Thanks again for your review!
“Good Times!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Kayaking was on our "must do list" for our first trip to Kauai. Based on online reviews, we went with Kayak Adventures and we were not disappointed. Aaron was our guide and was very knowledgeable and shared tons of great information that helped with the rest of our trip. There were ten people in our group and Aaron took the time to make sure everyone, from beginners to experienced, knew what they were doing and offered extra instruction for those that needed it. We did a lot of fun stuff on our trip, but this was definitely a highlight for us. Mahalo!

Visited December 2012
Aloha Bryan H,
YAY! So excited to hear that kayaking was on your "must do list" on your first trip to Kauai!
Thank you for choosing our company & so stoked that we did not disappoint you!
I am thankful that our guests have written such awesome reviews on our company & guides, which provides help to future guests. Providing excellent customer service, the spirit of aloha & a great tour is what we are all about! :)
Aaron is very knowledgeable and loves to share a lot of great information that can help our guests with the rest of their trip. It's like having a personal concierge at your finger tips for 5 hours! Just pick his brain! LOL! He loves to take his time to make sure everyone, from beginners to experienced, know what they are doing and he always offers extra instruction for those that need it. Once again, I am so happy that our tour & guide was highlight for you on your first visit to Kauai!
Mahalo!
Seattle, WA
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 200 helpful votes
“What to Expect - Ask for Bobby as your Guide”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We all know these tours can be hit or miss. So many elements come into play, weather, others in your group and mostr importantly the tour guide. We were lucky to get Bobby.

Things proceeded as usual, sign the waivers, take the lessons, jumo into the Van, drive to the river, pick your Kayak, practice a little. Bobby was helpful and accomidating throughout the procedures making everyone feel relaxed and confident.

We Kayak for 2.5 miles, landed our kayak's then began our hike, it's on the hike that Bobby's knowledge and personality started to shine through. He gave us a heads up, that when you get to the falls "it's not so secret", and it wasn't. It was actually really crowded and kind of put a dmper on things, but while the tour destination wasn;t the highlight, it was the journey we'll remember most.

Highly recommeded, thanks Bobby!

Visited December 2012
Aloha ScottD58,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a review on our company and our guide, Bobby. We truly appreciate it!
I am glad to hear Bobby was helpful and accommodating throughout the check-in process and paddle & safety instruction. He does a great job making everyone feel relaxed and confident in their kayak. Bobby's knowledge and personality starts to really shine through once he is in his element. Yes, Secret Falls is "not so secret", during our summer months and holiday seasons w/the crowds, but I love your positive attitude, "the tour destination wasn't the highlight, it was the journey we'll remember most."
Thanks again for highly recommending our company and our guide, Bobby!