“very enjoyable adventure for the whole family”
Review of Kayak Adventures

Kayak Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$88.12*
and up
Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008, Kahi & Christian since 2010, Matt & Jeremy since 2014. We welcome our new guides: Ryan, Austin, Scott & Nathan. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Sheila, Elana or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS, HIKING SANDALS WORK BEST OR WATER SHOES. GUESTS MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO :)
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I took my 2 teenage children on this adventure after a friend highly recommended this activity. We really enjoyed the kayaking, hiking, and relaxing in the pool at the base of the waterdall. My kids were quite appreciative of their first trip to Kauai, and even more so of this "cool" adventure. Our guide Daniel was excellent. He was very knowledgable, had a great sense of humor, and was very attentive to the group. i was impressed by the overall customer service experience throughout the whole process, as well. We even bought t-shirts at the end!

1  Thank EastCoastNewbies
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Aloha East Coast Newbies,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about our company. We truly appreciate it!
Glad you and your 2 teenagers had fun with Daniel. He has been with our company since 1998!
We are very fortunate to have him as part of our ohana (family). He loves to share his passion about the Wailua to our guests & yes, he has quite the sense of humor :) and enjoys making everyone feel comfortable.
Mahalo once again & God Bless!
A hui ho (until we meet again).

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I had an amazing tour on the Wailua River with Aaron of Kayak Adventures! From the start we could tell that this was a professional outfit with safety and fun as top priorities. Aaron our guide and Gayle the owner both greeted us as we arrived. They had arranged lunch, and provided us with dry bags to store our camera and towel. Aaron was friendly and personable to each member of our group and I was impressed with how he discreetly checked in with everyone on the tour about their kayaking experience and expectations for the day. The ride to the river and launch was smooth despite other tours trying to launch at the river as well. It was obvious that this company, and Aaron is respected by the other tour groups on the river as we were able to unload, pack up the kayaks, and discuss some safety tips quickly and other groups still seemed a little disorganized. I was grateful that Aaron got us out enjoying the beautiful scenery quickly. Aaron remembered that I wanted to know the historical significance of the Wailua River area and the Secret Falls in addition to information about the local flora and fauna and he was able to share many interesting facts that I will always remember when I look back at the gorgeous photos that my husband took that day. I particularly enjoyed the smaller waterfall where I learned that it was a bathing spot for Hawiian Queens and the rope that he made from the hibiscus tree. Despite being on island for only 8 years I think, it was obvious that Aaron has a passion for Kauai and Hawaiian culture, as he made sure I had correct pronunciation of the Hawaiian words that he taught me. I joked with Aaron that he would make a wonderful teacher, but he professed a love to be outside sharing nature with those who also appreciate it. Well, I truly was grateful to have had such a caring tour guide (I know they are rare) to enhance my journey to the amazing Secret Falls. Thank you Aaron, and Kayak Adventures, I hope to be back to learn more next time!

1  Thank oconnork8
KayakAdventuresKauai, Guide at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Aloha Oconnork8,
Thanks for the well thought out review. Everyday in Wailua Valley i try do something special for our guests. The goal is to educate them on the rich natural and cultural history of the area. It seems as though you walked away from our trip with a positive experience. These are some of the benefit of my job. I'm happy to hear the trip left such a lasting impression. Look forward to seeing you and your husband next year. A hui ho.
Aaron

Reviewed July 17, 2011

I was on Kauai for my honeymoon, decided to book the tour, I didn't go for one of the $39 specials with another company as I was told from a friend they upcharge you seatbacks, paddles, transport etc. This tour was all inclusive and extremely fun and professional. Our tour guide was Aaron and he certainly had a passion for what he did. He was a wealth of information about the local history, culture, and geography. I've been on a lot of similar tours and this one was done best! Aaron took the extra few minutes with us to make it special and memorable. Made sure to get the epic da kine honey moon photo of us in front of secret falls. A++.

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Aloha Jefderosa,
Big Mahalo for taking the time to review our company. We truly appreciate your feedback!
Yes! I remember you and your new bride! Thanks for choosing us while you were on your honeymoon here on Kauai! :)
I am glad you saw value in our tour company even though we are more expensive than the $39 guys out there. The reason for that is we are an all inclusive tour which provides the best equipment such as ocean kayaks. light weight paddles, comfortable seats, dry bag backpacks, and include a hearty lunch by a local favorite coffee shop. My guides take pride in their work and are constantly maintaining our equipment. We have become quite the little ohana (family).
I am so stoked you toured with Aaron - yes, he is a wealth of information and loves what he does and it truly shows by all the positive feedback from our guests.
Thanks again for giving us an A++
Mahalo Nui & God Bless!
Gayle

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I am a concierge on Kauai and took my brother-in-law out with Kayak Adventures last week. I was thoroughly impressed and can't believe I waited so long to do this activity. The Wailua River area is spectacularly beautiful and peaceful. The kayaking is easy and accessible for all ages. The hike through the rainforest is fun, educational and not difficult. THEN, you get to the waterfall! What a beautiful spot for lunch and swimming! There were other tour groups there, but, it did not seem crowded and when my brother and I got into the water, we were the only ones in the water at that time! To top it all off, our guide, Aaron, was phenominal!!! His knowledge of the area, flora, fauna, history, legend and culture truly made an impact on both of us. I highly recommend this tour of the Wailur River area to all ages. I also have to say that Adam in reservations is outstanding, accomodating, friendly a pleasure to work with on booking this trip.

2  Thank luckytolivekauai
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Aloha LuckytoliveKauai,
Big mahalo for taking the time to write a review regarding our company. We truly appreciate it!
I love when concierge come out with us so they can experience first hand what our company is all about and also so we can share the beautiful Wailua with you!
Isn't it funny when we work here on island sometimes we just get so busy with our day to day work that we don't take advantage of this beautiful island?! Glad you were able to come out and play with us & experience this with your brother-n-law.
Aaron is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to Hawaiian history, culture, legends, flora & fauna. I learn something new each time i go out on tour with him! :)
And thanks for recognizing Adam, in reservations. He makes sure everything runs smoothly at our shop; from taking the reservations, helping customers, helping guides w/check-ins & keeping a clean shop!
Mahalo Nui & God Bless!
Gayle

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The kayak tour was incredible. Aaron, our guide, was knowledgeable and incredibly enthusiastic about his job and was great at sharing with all of us this unbelievable experience. Amazing trip overall.

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Aloha T-Hoops,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our company. We truly appreciate it!
So glad you had an amazing time with our guide, Aaron.
I am very fortunate to have him as part of our Ohana (family).
He truly loves Hawaiian history & culture and it really shows on his tours with him sharing the spirit of aloha to our guests.
Mahalo Nui & God Bless! :)