“Fun, Fun, Fun!”

$93.64*
and up
Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008, Kahi & Christian since 2010, Matt & Jeremy since 2014. We welcome our new guides: Ryan, Austin, Scott & Nathan. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Sheila, Elana or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS, HIKING SANDALS WORK BEST OR WATER SHOES. GUESTS MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO :)
Lawai, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I am a concierge on Kauai and took my brother-in-law out with Kayak Adventures last week. I was thoroughly impressed and can't believe I waited so long to do this activity. The Wailua River area is spectacularly beautiful and peaceful. The kayaking is easy and accessible for all ages. The hike through the rainforest is fun, educational and not difficult. THEN, you get to the waterfall! What a beautiful spot for lunch and swimming! There were other tour groups there, but, it did not seem crowded and when my brother and I got into the water, we were the only ones in the water at that time! To top it all off, our guide, Aaron, was phenominal!!! His knowledge of the area, flora, fauna, history, legend and culture truly made an impact on both of us. I highly recommend this tour of the Wailur River area to all ages. I also have to say that Adam in reservations is outstanding, accomodating, friendly a pleasure to work with on booking this trip.

2 Thank luckytolivekauai
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Aloha LuckytoliveKauai,
Big mahalo for taking the time to write a review regarding our company. We truly appreciate it!
I love when concierge come out with us so they can experience first hand what our company is all about and also so we can share the beautiful Wailua with you!
Isn't it funny when we work here on island sometimes we just get so busy with our day to day work that we don't take advantage of this beautiful island?! Glad you were able to come out and play with us & experience this with your brother-n-law.
Aaron is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to Hawaiian history, culture, legends, flora & fauna. I learn something new each time i go out on tour with him! :)
And thanks for recognizing Adam, in reservations. He makes sure everything runs smoothly at our shop; from taking the reservations, helping customers, helping guides w/check-ins & keeping a clean shop!
Mahalo Nui & God Bless!
Gayle

New York City, New York
“Amazing.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The kayak tour was incredible. Aaron, our guide, was knowledgeable and incredibly enthusiastic about his job and was great at sharing with all of us this unbelievable experience. Amazing trip overall.

Visited July 2011
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Aloha T-Hoops,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our company. We truly appreciate it!
So glad you had an amazing time with our guide, Aaron.
I am very fortunate to have him as part of our Ohana (family).
He truly loves Hawaiian history & culture and it really shows on his tours with him sharing the spirit of aloha to our guests.
Mahalo Nui & God Bless! :)
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“WOW! The BEST tour of my entire stay on Kauai - Thank you Aaron!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I can't say enough about the adventure. Having never kayaked before Aaron, our guide, provided plenty of helpful hints that my kayak mate and I 'ROCKED' the Wailua River. Aaron definitely knows the in's and out's of the river and the trails - he avoided the high trafficked areas and pointed out the obscure details along the way, giving us an "ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE", without missing the highlights of the tour. Although, Aaron mentioned that he is not a native of the island, he has obviously spent countless hours learning the history of the island, fun and interesting facts, the language and spends much of his free time with natives from the island; in order to share his love of Kauai during his tours making sure he provides an experience that no one will ever forget. Upon my return to the island, I will make sure that I share this experience with my two boys and husband each and every time we visit. What an 'EPIC day'! - from the trip down the Wailua River and the hike through the trails to the "Secret Falls" to a lunch that hit the SPOT after enjoying a dip in the waterfall - sandwich, chips, fresh pineapple, cookies and plenty of water. Thank you Aaron, Adam and MOST of Gayle for THE BEST experience of my ENTIRE stay on Kauai! Kayak Adventures is truly looking out for their customers!!!

Visited July 2011
KayakAdventuresKauai, Guide at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Aloha Naceka,
I take out thousands of kayakers every year and never forget a face. From reviewing your profile, not only do i recognize you but i remember many of the specifics of our trip. You and your girlfriend were a pleasure to have on tour. You ladies brought a great energy to the trip. Your witty sarcasm kept me on my toes. That day was sooooo much fun. As for Adam and Gayle, they are the glue that binds are team together. Without those two, us guides would be lost. Adam provides excellent costumer service from taking reservations to checking in our guests. Gayle is the big sister most of us never had. She has a true concern for her guests and guides. None of her guides would work anywhere else on Kaua'i. I feel fortunate to have worked with the same great team for years. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I feel we become stronger each day. Still waiting to meet your husband and kids. Mahalo for the review. A hui ho
Aaron
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wow - What an amazing adventure. From start to finish. Give me more.”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Wow, what an amazing time I had. This was my first trip to Kauai and I cannot wait to go back. I have to say that my kayak trip was the highlight of my vacation. From walking into the shop and being greeted by Adam, to spending quite a few hours with Aaron our guide - the trip was fabulous. Adam was pleasant and friendly and made me feel like I was a part of the Kayak Adventure Family. Aaron was by far the best guide I have had the pleasure to have been on a tour with. While Aaron is not a native of the island, it was obvious that he spent quality time learning the history of the island, fun facts, the language and spent time with natives from the island so that he could share his love of Kauai with guests and provide an experience one would never forget. Having worked many years in the travel industry and currently working in HR & the Recruiting field, I have to say this was a great experience with a fabulous staff who's goal is to ensure their guests have a memorable time. I would consider the staff top notch and would hire them to work for me if I could. The trip is a complete workout and if you can get Aaron as a guide you will laugh, see and hear about things that you would not expect and have the time of your life. I recommend going on the earliest tour of the morning so that you miss the crowds, and expect to get a little muddy on the trail if it rains. The mud is an added bonus.......sandwiches, fresh fruit, chips and cookies topped it off. If you are lucky you will get to meet the owner Gayle, who is passionate about her business and will do whatever it takes to make sure her guests have an experience that they will talk about for years to come. Thank you Kayak Adventures - Adam, Aaron and Gayle (only some of the kayak advent. family I had the pleasure to meet) for a great day. I will definately be back to do another trip with you.

Aloha,
We always love when reviews start with five stars and a WOW! That kind of feedback is awesome. You would really hire Gayle, Adam, and I? Always good to know we have options. If you think we rock, you should meet Kelly, Daniel, Chris, Davey, Thomas and Bobby. Not to mentions the hundred plus ohana (family) that support our operations on the front line. For the time being none of us plan on moving to Pennsylvania, but we have been discussing lately how boring the weather is. 78 partly cloudy with a chance of windward and mauka (mountain) showers for the annual outlook. Its tough but someones got to do it. Thanks for recognizing our concern for our guests. As a team, we strive daily to be the best. I also love the morning tours, but all tours times have special advantages. The summer months tourism is in full swing. Anything we can do to keep our guest off the beaten path. The Wailua Valley has many trails that majority of our competitors never use. We agree the mud is an added bonus. People pay big money to have mud squeezed on their body. all part of the adventure, no extra charge. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Mahalo
Aaron
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An amazing adventure.”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We had an amazing kayaking trip. Our guide Aaron was so helpful and knowledgeable and really enhanced our trip. We brought our two children ages 7 and 9 along and they had no problem keeping up with the kayaking and loved the hike through the forest, rivers and mud. The falls at the end was a great reward and none of us wanted to leave. They provided plenty of water and a good lunch for us to eat at the falls. We were never rushed and could proceed at our own pace and linger at the falls. This trip was one of our favorite adventures on Kaua'i. The flyer for this trip is called Ancient River Kayak.

3 Thank vacationwarrior2
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Aloha VacationWarrior2,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
I am truly blessed to have such great guides, like Aaron. I am happy to hear that the entire family had a wonderful time!
Mahalo Nui & God Bless!