“An amazing adventure.”

$93.64*
and up
Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008, Kahi & Christian since 2010, Matt & Jeremy since 2014. We welcome our new guides: Ryan, Austin, Scott & Nathan. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Sheila, Elana or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS, HIKING SANDALS WORK BEST OR WATER SHOES. GUESTS MUST BE IN PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO :)
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An amazing adventure.”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We had an amazing kayaking trip. Our guide Aaron was so helpful and knowledgeable and really enhanced our trip. We brought our two children ages 7 and 9 along and they had no problem keeping up with the kayaking and loved the hike through the forest, rivers and mud. The falls at the end was a great reward and none of us wanted to leave. They provided plenty of water and a good lunch for us to eat at the falls. We were never rushed and could proceed at our own pace and linger at the falls. This trip was one of our favorite adventures on Kaua'i. The flyer for this trip is called Ancient River Kayak.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank vacationwarrior2
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Aloha VacationWarrior2,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
I am truly blessed to have such great guides, like Aaron. I am happy to hear that the entire family had a wonderful time!
Mahalo Nui & God Bless!

Oxnard, California
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“Choose The Cheapest”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The concierge at the Westin Princeville insisted that this was the best Wailua River kayak operator. We decided to follow her suggestion, even though there were many other operators offering half-price deals in the guides picked up at the airport. I also noticed on their website that they use Ocean Kayak which I like. Other than the brand of kayak, there is not much positive I can say. I was disappointed that our guide seemed reluctant to discuss the sights during the paddle up the river. He also didn't say much during the hike to Secrets Falls other than making an occasional stop to discuss a tree or an ancient taro patch. I was also surprised he went hiking ahead when most of the group was still doing the rope-assisted river crossing. Even though the type of lunch sandwich was important when making the reservation (we ordered roast beef), all of the sandwiches in our lunch at the Secret Falls stop were turkey. On departing Secret Falls, our guide left with only some of the group, then stopped on the trail when he realized not all were with him. When we realized most of our group departed, this caused us to scramble up a slippery muddy slope looking for the right trail.
If you are not particular to the type of kayak, I recommend going with the cheapest operator. The service provide by them can't be any worse than this outfitter.

Visited May 2011
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Aloha,

I apologize that you were so dissatisfied with our tour. We always strive to provide a memorable experience of Kauai for tourists. Safety & providing outstanding customer service is always the top two priorities for me and my staff.

I am greatly disappointed and saddened by this review of one of my employees. My guides are like brothers to me. I have had the same guides for the past 4 years and we have become a tight-knit family. We have had positive feedback from concierge at various resorts and guests regarding our tours.

One again, my sincere apologies! Your letter will be addressed at our next staff meeting as well as forwarded to the company who provides our lunches.

Mahalo Nui

God Bless you!
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Kayak Tour We've ever Done”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I've only been to Kaua'i once since moving to the Islands 7 years ago and always wanted to explore the Wailua River and see the Uluwehi Waterfall. What a fabulous way to experience beautiful Hawaii! Our guide Bobby was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The lunch was delicious with fruit, chips, cookies and sandwiches. One caveat though: you must be in relatively fit condition. This tour includes not only the kayaking but also a hike to the Waterfall. My husband and I loved it and recommend it for everyone, including families.

5 Thank michellebio
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Aloha Michellebio,
Big Mahalo for taking the time to write a review regarding our company. We truly appreciate our guests feedback!
Bobby has been a great asset to our team and very passionate about his job! He is super laid back and loves to share the spirit of aloha with his guests. He loves sharing Hawaiian history, culture, legends, flora & fauna.
I am glad you liked your lunch which was provided by our friends at Small Town Coffee. It's a hearty lunch well deserved after the paddle and hike to the waterfall. :)
Thank you for your recommendation that our tour is for everyone. One must be in decent shape to handle paddling 4 miles round trip and hiking 2 miles round trip. We take as young age 5 and our maximum age that i am aware of was a great grandmother who was celebrating her 77th birthday over the summer with her family. (I want to be like her when i grow up)! :) :)
I am happy to hear you and your husband had a great time on your adventure!
God Bless you!