“Favorite Spot That We Ate At!!”

Chicken In A Barrel BBQ
Ranked #9 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Dry rubbed, smoked BBQ chicken, beef, pork, and ribs! Falls of da bone, melts in your mouth! Eat-in or take-out! Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I visited Kapaa on our honeymoon. We stayed at The Plantation Hale Suites. So this little shack wasn't too far from it. I ordered the chicken on a hoagie. It was delicious! So fresh and moist! It was probably the best BBQ chicken I've had in a while! My husband ordered the chicken sampler. He loved it! Chicken thigh and white rice. Classic but done differently. With chicken in a barrel being right on the side of the road gives it all of the mystery and appeal. Like I said a for sure favorite for us! Hope you get the chance to visit this hidden island gem! Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just a small shack with great chicken and ribs at a very good price for Hawaii. Not much to look at but the food is great. Visited twice on our vacation.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

After a day at the beach we picked up some smoked chicken and beef and wow! The chicken was sooo moist! My man moaned thru the whole meal lol

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a very unassuming little place but the food is very good. I got the sampler plate so that I could taste a little of everything. Unfortunately they were out of ribs so I got double one of the other meats (pork, chicken and pulled pork). Chicken was tasty and juicy, pulled pork was good but smoked pork was outstanding. Went back again to get an order of pork. Parking is a challenge but unless there is a line to get food, shouldn't be a problem.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband had the chicken and ribs combo which he enjoyed but said he would just get the chicken next time. Ribs weren't as meaty as he's had elsewhere. I had a pulled pork hoagie with pepper jack cheese and grilled onions which was very good. We will definitely go back.