“Great BBQ, large portions, great price”

Chicken In A Barrel BBQ
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Dry rubbed, smoked BBQ chicken, beef, pork, and ribs! Falls of da bone, melts in your mouth! Eat-in or take-out! Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am so glad we stopped and got some BBQ on the island. It was a great meal. The portions were so large we actually saved some for the next evening. The food was smoky and meat fell off the bone. I got a sampler platter which had a sample of all their meats. It comes with a few sides as well. I think it was a great price as well for how much food you get considering the high costs of everything else on the island. I think it would be hard to be disappointed with the food. As a side note, we took the food back to our condo, but they do have some tables and chairs to sit and eat there in. They also have a smoker going right next to all the tables so I personally wouldn't have wanted to sit there with all that smoke in the air.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I shared the meat sampler because we wanted to try it all - we're from Texas and love our bbq. It was all juicy, tender and had lots of flavor but the chicken was by far the best. It literally fell off the bone. Definitely recommend for a relaxed, delicious meal!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

first time first vacation to my self the best I'm chicken fanatic I think I found my place next vacation I'll be the first bbq the best corn bread good happy happy

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Tried this out one night on recommendations from our guide on the tubbing tour. The food was excellent. Tried the meat sampler and everything was fantastic. The meat was all tender and juicy. They cook their meets in an old oil drum daily so everything is fresh. The restaurant did not look like much, but it sure got busy around meal times. Try this, especially if your in Old Towne Kapaa looking through the shops and want a great meal.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Read the reviews so thought we'd give it a chance. Isn't much to look at, dingy lil.shack with picnic tables and lawn/patio furniture in a dirt lot but we gave ot a try and the food was quite tasty! Had Sampler (minus the chicken, they had run out of chicken... Ironic huh?). The pulled pork, beef and ribs were all juicy and mildly seasoned. Very good BBQ sauce on the side. Sides (rice and chili were fair). Sampler was enough to share and ran $15.