“Good stuff from those BBQ barrels!”

Chicken In A Barrel BBQ
Ranked #10 of 128 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Dry rubbed, smoked BBQ chicken, beef, pork, and ribs! Falls of da bone, melts in your mouth! Eat-in or take-out! Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We spotted this place when transitioning from North Shore down to South Shore. It was lunch time, we smelled BBQ from the road, looked good so we pulled in and parked. WOW, so glad we did. Now we only had the pork because we had been eating chicken every other day at the condo. The pork was excellent but next time here we will be sure to try the chicken. Instead of getting a plate I ordered a la cart and had a side of their yummy slaw with it. Portion of pork was substantial.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Credit goes to my brother-in-law for being hungry as we passed through Kapaa on our way to Koloa, coming down from Princeville. Otherwise, we would have passed right by. Glad we didn't keep on driving. It's a roadside eatery that is definitely worth a stop if you are in the area. Although everyone seems to go for the chicken, we chose the pork (had been eating chix alot the previous week). It was very tasty and the service was provided with happy smiles and friendly banter. The owners definitely seem to enjoy what they are doing (hey, they found a way to make a living on Kauai - something we'd all love to do). It definitely hit the spot and fun to just sit outside at the picnic tables while enjoying our meal.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I drove by the place several time during my Vacation. I could always smell the food cooking. On the last night of my vacation I stop and place an order to go. I got back to the Condo and dove in to the food. I got a sampler platter. It had pork, a rib, beef, chicken, rice & chili beans, The food was amazing. I will make this a stop when I go back to Kauai. You must Try it.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'm so glad we tried this place out toward the beginning of our trip because it was the place we went back to at least 4 times. My husband and I split the Sampler Platter every time which made it the cheapest meal we had on Kauai during our 14 day stay. It's location was great because it's right off the main road in Kapaa so it's easy to stop by if you're headed toward the North end or staying on the East side like we were.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We made it a special point to eat here and it was just average. It's ok if you are in the area but don't make a special trip just to eat here like we did. Portions are big and relatively good prices but the food is just not the spectacular.