Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great alternative to wine bar

A different and fascinating experience if you have never had mead, which is a fermented beverage... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
laserdoug
Sterling Heights, MI
Tasty & Informative

Reviewed July 30, 2019
880krystals
Libertyville

Recommended experiences in and around Kapaa
from $88.12
from $185.00
from $88.59
from $98.99
More Info
All reviews tasting room tasting flight local honey kauai pasta chili pepper shipped home local business worth a stop fun experience stephanie laka hawaii island fermented cacao mainland nectar
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019

We experienced the tasting flight and also tried a seasonal special. Would highly recommend this, especially if you are a fan of wine or beer (but it's not like either exactly!). Cute shop with a informative & kind bartender - my only wish was that this was easier to access on the mainland! Great experience and very cool to drink.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

We're beekeepers and from Colorado so we seek out breweries and meaderies. We were so lucky to find Nani Moon and that they were open. We only had a few days on Kauai and every day was jammed pack with activites, but we got lucky one day and squeaked in 30 min before they closed.

The flight was pure heaven and Stephanie was just amazing in explaining all her wines, where the honey came from, how to pair each wine. I had to buy a shirt with their logo because it has a cute little bee.

In the end because we only had carry on luggage, we ordered 12 bottles to be shipped to our house, which came yesterday (about a week after we got home). The bottles were packed so well with mininmal waste; I was pleasantly surprised, but now I get to experience their yummy wine until I visit again.

Next time, I need to spend more time there!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed December 16, 2018

After searching online for breweries on Kaua'i, I was so pleasantly surprised to find a meadery! I enjoy mead, but my wife loves it, so this was a must-see. The small location is tucked back off the Kuhio Highway, but its size means you will get the personal service these wonderful drinks deserve. Try a flight, and then be ready to buy a bottle or several for your time on the island or have them shipped home.
Local honey as well as other locally sourced ingredients make for a great taste exploration of the island. They obviously put a lot of thought and love into both their meads and their business. This was such a pleasant and wonderful surprise that we joined their mead club. We look forward to getting our first shipment.
If you are a wine fan or a fruity drink fan, or just want to sip some local flavor and support a unique local business, this is worth a stop. You may want to reserve a tasting ahead of time as it could get busy.
(Just for safety, too, mead packs the alcoholic punch of wine, so have a designated driver or take a car service.)

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2018

Absolutely cannot wait to receive my shipment of mead. I dropped by close to closing time but the hostess, Lexi, was gracious enough to stay late to serve and explain each mead in detail. This was my first mead experience and it was quite tasty. The laid back atmosphere was perfect after a full day of exploring the island. I highly recommend everyone check out this place. I will be keeping bottles of mead in my wine cabinet in TEXAS from now on.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

As the restaurant next door was mot open yet we popped in to have a llook. What a surprise. Tasted some great meads and enjoyed wonderful service and explanation of the different meads.

Date of experience: October 2018