“A wonderful find!”
Review of Nani Moon Mead LLC

Nani Moon Mead LLC
Ranked #22 of 56 things to do in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect stop for those who enjoy local wineries and breweries. Nani Moon Meadery and Tasting Room is Hawaii's only producer of mead, honey wine; handcrafted exclusively from locally sourced honey, fruits, and spices, without the use of chemical additives such as sulfates.
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

What a lovely place, with lovely mead, run by a lovely lady! I am so glad we stopped. This is a small, family oriented business that oozes the vibe that makes Kauai the gem that it is...a focus on health, local ingredients, and pride in craftsmanship.

Chances are good that you will be served by the master meadstress herself, and she will spend plenty of time with you, explaining mead if you're unfamiliar, detailing each variety, etc. If you order any pupus, you'll enjoy more yumminess made from their mead and honey.

Mead is not a typical wine, so don't go in expecting a typical wine tasting. I believe this is where most of the less positive reviews originated. While mead is technically "honey wine," it is not made to taste like grape based wines. Go in with an open mind and enjoy a true Kauai experience. You might even learn something!

I fell in love with the Deviant Beehavior, and the pepper jelly made with this mead. Oh, luggage weight limits be damned!! I will savor the one bottle I am bringing home, along with the memories of our visit to the meadery.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"island"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Cool little tasting room in a strip mall. Almsot went right by it. The owner was super nice and very friendly. My wife and I each had a full tasting set and ended up leaving with a bottle for later. Interesting taste and a great stop for wine connoisseurs or people who just like a tasty drink.

Reviewed January 20, 2016

Visited while vacationing in Kauai. Small place--very unassuming. Most people believe mead will be too sweet. Not so with Nani Moon. All were dry and delicious. Particularly liked Cacao Moon and Winter Sun. Be sure to visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 19, 2015 via mobile

Nephew told us about this place so 6 of us ventured in. Tiffany was our server and was a pleasure. She was fun and informative. The place is funky in decor and vibe. The mead was good. Ginger lime and Cocous was our two favorites.
I would come back and will be ordering more to be sent home. After we finish this case!