“Great breakfast - friendly staff”
Review of Eggbert's - CLOSED

Eggbert's
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We walked here for breakfast one morning. I had an omelet while my husband had a traditional breakfast plate of eggs, bacon, & hash browns. He was very happy as they brought his bacon crispy as requested. My omelet was very large and I couldn't finish it, we'd have been fine sharing a meal.
The server was very friendly, the service was quick.
We would eat here again if back in the area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good breakfast at affordable price. This place was walking distance from our hotel. Convenient or breakfast.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ate here and the food was pretty good. Good value too. Good Loco Moco. Not to hard to get a seat either.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The banana pancakes were wonderful. Added the coconut syrup for sugar overloaded deliciousness! Husband had eggs and portugese sausage. Good coffee. Nice people and quick service.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

"Uninspired" is the best word I can think of.

We came here for breakfast one morning needing to wash away the booze from the night before. We were staying right next door, so Eggbert's was close.

The place was pretty empty - we were one of 3 parties the whole time we were there.

We were pretty sure the food was all microwaved.

I ordered an omelet with portuguese sausage and my wife got pancakes, hash browns and bacon. Both seemingly good choices to cure our respective hangovers.

The food came QUICK. The waitress put in the order, and less than 4 minutes later our food was there. I like quick service, but not that quick.

My "omelette" I am pretty sure was some egg substitue poured into a mould and microwaved, then put on a plate, got some sausage and oil scooped on, then folded over to look like an omelette. It was edible.

The pancakes were decent.

The hash browns were not terrible, just void of seasoning and a little greasy. They weren't crispy and tasted like they had been re-heated.

The bacon I'm saving for last. It came on a plate with about 4 or 5 pieces. It looked "off" and tasted terrible. I have had microwaved bacon once before in my life and I'm pretty sure that's what happened, except maybe it was microwaved the day before and reheated that morning, then served to us.

We ate what we could of the meal. The waitress came back and we said the bacon didn't taste right. We obviously hadn't eaten more than a bit each. It would've been nice to have her take it off the bill but she didn't offer. I didn't feel like pushing it and was really just amused at the whole experience by this point.

They take cash only but have no ATM. The general store next door has an ATM and opens at 8am.

1  Thank Matt M