“Great Local Food”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Located within the Coconut Marketplace in Kapaa. Breakfast menu consists of local favors such as macadamia nut pancakes, loco moco, and banana pancakes. A short stack of pancakes is NOT the small short stack that I am used to. Their short stack is equivalent to 4 -5 small pancakes. They're huge and delicious. Just a couple of things that was a little disappointing is the slow service and the lack of credit/debit card acceptance. On the 2 visits we made on different days, its was cash only.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We like the staff here - family feel to the place. We are eating gluten free and thy were very accomodating in changing items for us. Costs have gone up since we first started coming here, but one of their breakfast plates csn see you through lunch. Coffee was disappointing - just okay.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Love this place. They have gone way up in price though since 5 years ago. A cup of coffee was $2 and wasn't that great either but the food was awesome as usual.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

It was raining and the traffic was backed up, so we decided to stop off at Eggbert’s for lunch. I think everyone else on the road had the same idea, because the place looked crowded, but it was late enough so we were seated right away. My wife and I both had the three egg omelet with hash browns which we really enjoyed. We had eaten breakfast here a couple years ago on a previous vacation and liked then. Glad some things stay the same.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place. I know people complain about the service, but I think the gals that work here are super nice and sweet. Most of them have worked their for a very long time, like Stephani who has been there for 17 years! We go back every year and she always recognizes us!

We typically go for breakfast and the food is consistently good. The portion sizes seem a bit smaller this time, but still enough food and the price is pretty decent.

My daughter loves the Oreo pancakes. :-)