“Ohana was the highlight of our trip!”

Ohana Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ohana Fishing Charters is located at Nawiliwili Small boat harbor just South of the Lihue airport. We are an extremely knowledgeable charter company with a great standing reputation. Ohana means family and that's the impression we like to leave with our guests. Please join us in a great hunting adventure on the beautiful waters off the Garden Isle of Kauai!
QLaw007
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ohana was the highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

his was an experience that truly made our trip! Captain Lance and fish guru Bo, made our trip out on the sea one to remember for the rest of our lives. We felt like we were out on a boat with friends. My husband and it had never been deep sea fishing before but we were eager to try it. As a foodie, I was really excited that unlike other fishing outfits on the island, Ohana allowed us to keep as much of our catch as we wanted. I was able to cook one of the best ahi meals of my life because of them! Lance and Bo were both professional and personable. We were lucky enough to have a great group on our boat that included a fascinating good ol' boy attorney from Arkansas and an American serviceman home from Afghanistan with his incredibly sweet and polite little sons. All of us had the chance for great conversation, beautiful scenery, and the opportunity to reel in some beautiful yellowfin tuna. I think I was most impressed with Bo and Captain Lance's knowledge of fishing. When trolling didn't work, Bo rigged up lava rocks with bait to create chum bombs that drew fish every time. I urge you to go with Ohana! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank QLaw007

Salou, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Three Generations”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We had a great trip. Lance and V put us on the fish, and we landed 3 Mahi, and numerous Big Eye and Skip Jack tuna. We really enjoyed using some light tackle! My wife and I were fishing with our two teenage daughters, and my wife's parents. Everthing went great, from booking (Thanks Cynthia!), to the 4 hours on the boat. We wouldn't let a little motion sickness ruin our trip. Thanks for a memorable trip.

Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Mom and teenage 17 year old daughter took this charter out. Great day, tons of fun. Caught yellow fin tuna and skip. The guys on the boat were so nice and did everything they could to make our day special. They work hard. There was only 5 people on the charter that day total. I think the boat was just the right size for us.They offer soda and water for free. They have a small portable toilet under the crawl space in the front. Clean and private but not a lot of room down there. If you are larger or taller you may not love it, but if you got to go it's there. We had a great time. I E-mailed them a few times asking questions and they always got back to me and helped me all they could. If we ever go back to Kauai I will be sure to even go out with them twice! And the price was great too!

Visited November 2013
La Mesa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Awesome experience with Howard and V. They worked their butts off and made it a great time. Caught a bunch of yellowfin and skipjack.

Highly recommend this company.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stormy weather - GREAT time!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a terrific time with Howard and V. It was fun to watch a big storm envelope the island, while we were out in the sun. Caught 6 fish between two of us, but that was just the icing on the cake. My husband is blind, and that was never an issue. It was a pleasure to have the moments of boating punctuated by the thrill of fish on. I also appreciated the unusual sunrise provided by Howard, as well as his teaching what he was looking for while he was "hunting" for fish. At the end of the trip we went back to the hotel with some fillets, and had two memorable meals prepared by the chef. This is a total do-over, and will be on our list any time we return to the island.

Visited October 2013