“Go during happy hour”
Review of Oasis on the Beach

Oasis on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Oasis on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Oasis is a beautiful oceanfront location that showcases the best of what Kauai has to offer in cuisine, service and ocean views. We strongly believe that residents and guests of Hawaii want to experience Hawaii. We use local sources for almost 90% of our ingredients, and work closely with Kauai"s farmers and fishermen to provide you with the best and freshest possible ingredients. We work to highlight the quality and freshness of our ingredients in a style that captures the diversity of local cultures and influences without burying the delicious flavors that our local ingredients offer.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Beautiful scenery! Pricey menu items but if you go during happy hour, a lot of their drinks are discounted.
We had a variety of appetizers and side items and they were all delicious. My son had a kids meal of cheese quesadilla and it was large and came with fries.

There are newer reviews for Oasis on the Beach

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I am a local on Kauai and my wife and I, dine often at Oasis on the Beach. Their food is fresh, local and organic. From sea, to farm, to rancher to table. It is also one of the only restaurants on Kauai that has ocean front dining. Their food is very unique, with tropical and Hawaiian twist on traditional dishes. It is a must stop while on vacation or for locals looking for something unique that will excite your taste buds.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had dinner last week. My wife had grilled ono and I had seared ono, both halves after fried calamari. One of the good thing about this restaurant is they offer half and full for main dishes. For small eaters like us, the half is perfect size. All the foods are fresh and delicious with excellent dressing.
Since we had halves, there still remained a space to enjoy desert in our stomach. That was good, too.
The location is just on the beach. We were given a table just under the roof but without anything between us and outside. There are some tables really outside, but considering the wether that may rain anytime, out table was the best.
The price was reasonable and the waiter was really kind and helpful.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a small restaurant that sits outside, behind an elegant hotel, looking out onto the beach. It is open on three sides, with sliding glass walls that can be closed when the frequent rains of Kauai hit. They featured several Ahi dishes the night we were there, and each dish delicately seasoned, beautifully presented (with edible flowers on top). They have both half (3 oz) and full (6 oz) options of their fish dishes, which was perfect, as I prefer smaller portions. Henry, our server, was delightful and fun. He did not realize he had our table, so we sat a bit long before any service; he made up for it with a complimentary prosecco. Although this is a nice restaurant, the atmosphere is casual, nice beachwear acceptable. We arrived early (5 pm) and most of the seats were already reserved for dinner--I would suggest reservations if arrive during peak dinner hours. It is located off the main highway through Kapaa. We walked on the beach after dinner and were rewarded with a sleeping monk seal, safely roped off by volunteers.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Two years ago when my wife and I stayed in Kauai, I wrote an unfavorable review of this restaurant. Recently, I ate in this restaurant twice, and am pleased to say the food has improved dramatically. I suggest you try the Chef's Curry with Fresh Catch of the Day. It was a superb dish which is why I ordered it both times. My wife had grilled ahi and she was also pleasantly surprised how good it was.
From my discussion with the waiter, this restaurant has a new chef compared to two years ago, and in addition, sources most items locally with the exception of the beverages.
One downside, however, is that the menu was exactly the same on both of my visits. I'm not sure if the menu ever changes.
By the way, happy hour is from 4 - 6 P.M.
Try for an ocean view table.

1  Thank Richard F