“Hidden Gem”
Review of Oasis on the Beach

Oasis on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Oasis on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Oasis is a beautiful oceanfront location that showcases the best of what Kauai has to offer in cuisine, service and ocean views. We strongly believe that residents and guests of Hawaii want to experience Hawaii. We use local sources for almost 90% of our ingredients, and work closely with Kauai"s farmers and fishermen to provide you with the best and freshest possible ingredients. We work to highlight the quality and freshness of our ingredients in a style that captures the diversity of local cultures and influences without burying the delicious flavors that our local ingredients offer.
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here on a rainy day in February. It is on the beach with great views of the ocean and surf. If you are not staying at the condo complex it is a bit of a hike from the parking lot to the beach, where the Oasis is located, but worth it. Great food and cold beer. They were not too busy, probably due to the poor weather but the service was excellent and we enjoyed our experience. I would go here again and would suggest you do as well.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ftrdds

Saskatoon
“Great location, great food”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The best burgers we have ever had..topped with goat cheese..when they have it. They only had goat cheese for the burgers 2 out of 4 tries. Awesome location and great entertainment Wednesdays between 5 - 7. Also had fish tacos, very good and the pot de creme dessert was very nice.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DebbiesNest
“Wonderful”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This is going to be a very simple review. The food, atmosphere, and staff made a memorable impression on me and my husband. Their burger (cannot remember how to spell it) was absolutely amazing! It had bacon jam, tobacco onions, hot mustard, and goat cheese, or was it gruyere? Either way, it was a rave party in my mouth! And the fries were to die for! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, perfect. We went there twice. The second time for lunch, before we flew out, JUST for the burger. They ran out of the regular cheese and substitute it with Swiss, but it was still outstanding.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Carol F
Saskatoon, Canada
“You might go home hungry”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The Oasis is at the Waipouli Resort where we have been staying for over a month. We tried this restaurant soon after we arrived in late January but have not been back. I ordered a salad as an appetizer $14 and I got about 8 mixed green leaves. I can't quite remember what else was on it but nothing memorable. I recall those two bites were very tasty but a ridiculously small portion. My husband and I had both ordered appetizers so chose the half size portions fresh fish main course. Believe me you will not go home full! It was enough for us since we had appetizers and dessert but I know some people would be disappointed. We are not huge eaters but found the portions very small. There are many good restaurants on the island and more reasonably priced so don't waste your time unless you are just paying for a view and there are many of those around the island as well.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carrol D
Austin, Texas
“Good, but not great...”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard recently in Kaiuai, Coconut Plantation area, and the concierge recommended both the Oasis and the Hukilau restaurants, on either side of the hotel. We tried the Oasis first, since the atmosphere sitting out overlooking the water and fresh fish menu attracted our attention. The Ahi appetizer was served with some type of avocado sauce, and was very bland....Ahi, which is normally great at most places, needed soy to add flavor...salt and pepper in avocado puree. We ordered Ahi main course also, which was just "ok"...we were both disappointed but could have just been an off night. Atmosphere was very nice. Would highly recommend trying Hukilau on other side of Courtyard as we ate there twice and thought both dinners were very good....not as nice atmosphere, but still very good meals.

• Visited February 2014