“Excellent ambiance”
Review of Oasis on the Beach

Oasis on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Oasis on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Oasis is a beautiful oceanfront location that showcases the best of what Kauai has to offer in cuisine, service and ocean views. We strongly believe that residents and guests of Hawaii want to experience Hawaii. We use local sources for almost 90% of our ingredients, and work closely with Kauai"s farmers and fishermen to provide you with the best and freshest possible ingredients. We work to highlight the quality and freshness of our ingredients in a style that captures the diversity of local cultures and influences without burying the delicious flavors that our local ingredients offer.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food was very good, the service was very slow, although the staff were very friendly. The moonlight on the water could not have been more romantic.

There are newer reviews for Oasis on the Beach

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This restaurant was at our hotel so we tried it for lunch one day. I thought the meals were delicious and I loved that they were focused on local ingredients. The menu was "farm to table" according to the waitress. I had a fresh catch fish taco meal. The view was the best part. It is literally right at the beach. It seemed a little expensive for the size of the meals but let's face it, everything on this island is expensive!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very delicious, great quality food. We had the pork chop and the short rib, both were incredibly tasty. The sides were quite nice too. I have to ding two stars for the following reasons: first, the portions are not great. Since this is a bit pricier being a resort beachside restaurant, you would hope for a bigger meal, but alas the large cuts of meat are in the neighborhood of 6oz. Not that great if you're a big eater like me. Also, we didn't care too much for the evening dining experience. It's all open wall so you can feel the ocean breeze, but it was as if there was a tornado blowing through. The silverware blew off our tables! And they keep the dining lighting so dark, I couldn't even identify who was our hostess because we couldn't see her face, nor could we see across the table very well either. In the end, we enjoyed our visit but wouldn't try it again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had heard good things about this place but were extremely disappointed. My catch of the day fish was dry and tasteless. My husbands steak, which the waiter recommended, was fatty and full of tendons. My husband could barely cut it let alone chew it. I wouldn't have served that piece to a dog. I've had better cuts a roadside food stands on the islands. Although the waiter was nice, he wasn't very attentive. After initially filling our wine glasses he never came back to do it again. The view is nice but the elevator music they played in the background could've been turned off.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Last time we were here was 3 years ago and we had a great experience so returning to the Oasis on the Beach was on our "must do" list. The menu has changed since then but it is still just as good as it was in 2010.

The location on the beach is wonderful but if you are expecting a sunset dinner... sorry you are on the wrong side of the island. That being said the palm trees, tiki torches and the sound of the surf makes for a very enjoyable experience.

I had the catch of the day tartare (yesterday it was Ahi) bruschetta and it was fantastic. Sorry to say it was the only Ahi on the menu last night and I had really hoped for a Seared Ahi entrée but maybe next time. I had the seared catch of the day and my wife the grilled version. Mine came with an Okinawan sweet potato puree & bok choi while hers was with saimen noodles, ,market veggies and dashi sauce. As others have mentioned a cool option is you can order half or full portions. My wife had a half and it was more than enough food.

The banana spring rolls were a perfect finish to the meal. Crispy on the outside with firm banana on the inside and the whipped cream was made minutes before serving.

Mai Tai are a Hawaiian restaurant staple but The Oasis puts a bit of a twist on them and they are perfect. Not inexpensive but then nothing on the islands really is but worth the money.

1  Thank TravelJunkie146