“Nice Setting”
Review of Oasis on the Beach

Oasis on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Oasis on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 132 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Oasis is a beautiful oceanfront location that showcases the best of what Kauai has to offer in cuisine, service and ocean views. We strongly believe that residents and guests of Hawaii want to experience Hawaii. We use local sources for almost 90% of our ingredients, and work closely with Kauai"s farmers and fishermen to provide you with the best and freshest possible ingredients. We work to highlight the quality and freshness of our ingredients in a style that captures the diversity of local cultures and influences without burying the delicious flavors that our local ingredients offer.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Driving through Kapaa can feel a bit disconcerting when you are on vacation (i.e. the strip mall). Oasis on the Beach saved it for us. Beautiful setting by the ocean, great staff and excellent food. Ahi tuna was one of the best I ever had. Not to expensive for Hawaii. Further more you can take half portions that are about half price for most entrees. Wines were very good but Martinies were a little more juice than alcohol. Ended up going both for dinner and lunch.

1  Thank Eric G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Awesome place if you want that post-card feeling of an open air, beach view happy hour drink. Make sure to go during happy hour, as it tends to be really expensive. Food is pretty decent, drinks taste good but weak. Service is mostly friendly but slow. Met some friends for the live music and ended up paying around $65 for my portion two shared appetizers and a couple drinks. Overall, feel kind of "meh" about this one.

1  Thank KauaiNikole
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Waipouli Outrigger, and wanted to try the restaurant since it was right there and has an awesome ocean view. I was scared off initially, because we ordered 2 mai tais on our first day by the pool from the bar, and the bill was $25. We actually waited until our last day in Kauai to try the restaurant. Should have skipped it. We headed down to hit Happy Hour, and we were seated at a less than optimal seat although there were several empty tables with better ocean views available. The manager who seated us acted like he was doing us a favor by being in our presence. As others have said, the bartender and kitchen workers that you'll see entering and exiting the premises are very sketchy looking. We decided not to order food and just stick with drinks. Our waiter pretty much disappeared and it was hard to get a second drink. The place reeked of pretension, and I'm very glad we didn't order food...we headed over to the Wailua Marina Restaurant, plenty of aloha there to go around. Positive is that during Happy Hour, drinks are affordable.

3  Thank Jordan D
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch today. The service was excellent. Spot on suggestions. She very proudly told us the food is locally sourced which we liked. We shared the wontons. Very good. I had the tempura fish and chips. It was perfect. Lovely white soft fish. My husband had the tacos which were cooked perfectly and very fresh. We finished off with salted butterscotch ice cream. We loved it so much we are going back for dinner!! Try it. It's our favorite place in this area :)

1  Thank Tagman200
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went for dinner and the service was poor the lady did not explain the options well at all so my wife ended up ordering a starter when she thought it was a main. The restaurante has a lovely setting and I was happy with my food but perhaps a little over priced. The main issue was with the cocktails, for $12 I would have expected to taste some alcohol but neither of us could taste any...avoid these watery money stealers!