“Very good food in a great setting”
Review of Oasis on the Beach

Oasis on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Oasis on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Oasis is a beautiful oceanfront location that showcases the best of what Kauai has to offer in cuisine, service and ocean views. We strongly believe that residents and guests of Hawaii want to experience Hawaii. We use local sources for almost 90% of our ingredients, and work closely with Kauai"s farmers and fishermen to provide you with the best and freshest possible ingredients. We work to highlight the quality and freshness of our ingredients in a style that captures the diversity of local cultures and influences without burying the delicious flavors that our local ingredients offer.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We heard about Oasis from some locals who said they go there for special occasions. Well, our visit to Kauai was special since we don't live there, and we thought we should give it a try.

They have a happy hour that we unfortunately missed, but decided to partake of the libations at the bar regardless. Although the drinks are pricey ($9 to $12 each, beer $6 yo $8) the seaside setting, friendly bar tender, and cool outrigger canoe bar was enjoyable. We do wish they had turned off the large screen TVs since no one was watching them, and it definitely takes away from some of the tropical ambience which is well instilled in the resort.

Speaking of ambience, I do have to point out that I guess I'm a corny mainlander who actually thinks that a tropical decor, with tropical lighting, tropical drinks, and a tropics inspired menu also deserves tropical music, and although I appreciate Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé, and other crooners, I found it to be rather unwelcome in fully completing our illusion of a tropical paradise.

As for food, we went for a couple of appetizers which were pretty good. I had the pork won tons which were deep fried and served with a salty chinese dipping sauce. It was okay, but at $8 a plate, they really should fill the won ton with pork... one piece was just one third full, meaning I was really just munching on deep fat fried wonton skin. My cardiologist will not be pleased.

One thing that is great about this place is a fairly wide menu with the availability of both half and full portions. After the appetizers we went for the half portions, which proved to be just enough food for us... about 3 or 4 ounces of fish, cooked pretty much to perfection.

The wait staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and very much engaged, which made our entire visit pleasurable and makes us welcome a return visit.

There are a few tables actually outside facing the ocean, but a bulk of the tables are in the lanai, but with few walls and no windows you will very much feel a part of the environment with the cool tropic breezes.

We enjoyed our visit to Oasis, which is fairly true to its name in providing good food in an excellent atmosphere right on the beach. I think next time we would make sure to arrive before happy hour expires so we don't have to purchase such expensive drinks, but the food and atmosphere are definitely worth the price. I just wish they'd tone down the mainland big city music a bit... I can understand that locals definitely get tired of faux tropical music all day and night, and perhaps they appreciate hearing something different, but can't we compromise with some Jimmy Buffet or something?

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to the Oasis after just arriving. We were only a bit hungry and the fish tartar was great! This appetizer was the perfect way to begin our stay in Kapa'a. The view is great and the drinks were really good too.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a couple we met on a tubing tour.

We were so happy we stopped by this place.. although it's in a resort, it's not part of it and really doesn't feel like like a resort restaurant.

The food itself is delicious! They mostly use ingredients sourced on the island at the local farmers market.

To top it all, they offer half order on all their entrees which for me is great, I can never finish my plate and I hate wasting so much food. The half order of grilled fish I had was amazing and I was able to finish my plate!

the cocktails were pretty good too.

Service was also outstanding. I do not remember the name of our waitress but she was really friendly.

Finally it's right on the beach, the views are amazing!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had lunch at the Oasis after a spa treatment. My sister has extensive food allergies and is hesitant to eat out because of this. Our waiter (Elias, maybe?) made sure that everything was prepared the way my sister needed it to be. He even came back to the table to double-check on an ingredient. The meal was delicious and very well priced. This is our second time to eat there and will patronize the Oasis in future trips.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Waipouli Beach Resort and the Oasis on the Beach is the resort bar & restaurant. Situated just off the beach and roll of the incoming waves, this place is truly an Oasis. The staff, including the bartenders - Vanessa & Joel, were fantastic and added to the great time my wife and I had. The menu has great selections and I believe is updated quarterly - but enough choices for our 10 day stay. To top all off, a great place to meet new friends and enjoy some live music while taking in the beauty of the Pacific.