“great water fun”

Wailua River and Secret Falls guided Kayak and Hiking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just got back from spending the morning kayaking and hiking with Evan. What a gr.eat tour! The Wailua River was calm and fairly easy to navigate, with beautiful scenery. Then we took a 1.5 mile hike through the rainforest to Secret Falls for a dip and a sandwich. Gorgeous! So glad we decided to add this to our activities. It was a great experience, and Evan was a blast.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I'm glad we didn't miss this kayaking tour to the secret falls. The kayaks are comfortable and easy to control so you can enjoy the scenery, and hiking up to the falls reveals much history of the first settlements. Our guide, Evan, pointed out signs and stonework along the way. And the secret falls is beautiful. This is a tour you shouldn't miss!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our guide, Evan, really made this trip so much more than just kayaking and hiking. He managed to highlight many amazing historical facts and really knew what he was talking about. The kayaking was so amazing, the river and the view were perfect and we absolutely had a great time. This tour is definitely something to do if in Kauai, no doubt.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a blast. The kayaking was really only about a third of the experience. It happens to be the only way to see the ancient history of the island. Our guide, Evan, made the trip so much fun. He highlighted the rich Hawaiian history and artifacts along the way. This was a must see for anyone interested in Hawaiian history.

2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had an awesome time on this tour. At least after my husband and I figured out how to work together to paddle our kayak, lol. The two of us had a rough start and our guide talked us through it.
Our tour guide was so genuine and seemed as though he truly enjoyed his job to have fun meeting new people. I can't believe I forgot his name!!! He was the ginger from PHILLY! He and my new husband thought it would be funny to spook me with wild hog noises....annnnd they did. I am a wimp and made myself an easy target....the whole group got a kick out of it. After awhile....even I did :) He was very personable and that made the trip so much more fun. His conversation was genuine....he didn't seem like he was talking just bc it's his "job" to entertain his guests like some other tour guides we have experienced. He made sure to reiterate different aspects of safety when hiking and the importance of complying with those instructions. If you are lucky enough to get this particular guide, I would say you're in good hands. We would take this tour again!